EBaldofsky
valcarcelm

Should Gay Couples and Single Americans Have The Right To Adopt?

EBaldofsky

EBaldofsky

Pro

Set up
Round 1 = acceptance

Rules
Forfeit and you lose conduct.
No "shouting" or bad language
Only accept this debate if you are actually against it.
Please note that it is a 12 hour argue time.

I look forward to hearing my opponents points.
EBaldofsky

Pro

To look at the positives of this situation, you are taking a child that is need of a loving family. The child's main problem is that they don't want to be in the "system" their whole life. People need to get over the their personal beliefs regarding same sex couples and think what is best for the children. What disqualify them from adopting a child in need. They the same rights as you and me and by saying that they can't adopt is discriminating them.
valcarcelm

Con

I disagree. The typical american family is raised with both a mother (female) and father (male). The reason is a child needs to be brought into a disciplined yet caring home. The mother is usually the caring nurturing kind while the father disciplines the child and sets boundaries for the child. However, if both parents are the same sex is most likely there wont be a balance for these children. Another reason, is as the child of both sex parents grows up they will question why I dont have a mother and father. We all know it takes a man and a women to create a baby. Why change tradition then? If a couple chooses to be gay, they understand they cannot create children together. However, the insist to adopt a child and raise it with untraditional values.
I also disagree on why single americans should not adopt. As i stated before, it takes a male and female to create a baby. Male are less likely to adopt as single men. However, if a women is single, they should not be in a rush to adopt a child. If one cannot hold onto a relationship with a significant other, one cannot raise a child on their own. If your single, the child would just become a burden to you and whoever chooses to help raise your child like parents, siblings, friends, etc.
EBaldofsky

Pro

The times have change over the years and people should realize that with scientific improvement we are able to impregnate a women with a homosexual male sperm. The trend that is going through the entire United States of America is to allow homosexual couples to get married. It is a equal right proablem not a moral judgment proablem. As far as the parenting, would it be better for a child to be in an abusive house with a violent parent or a couple of homosexuals that will care for the child?
valcarcelm

Con

May I please remind you that we are debating whether gay couples or single americans have the right to adopt. Not gay rights.
My debate:
I agree, with the help of scientific improvement women are able to be impregnated with a male sperm. However, we are discussing whether gay couples have the right to adopt. I dont believe they should. If one person chooses to be gay they are choosing that lifestyle. The life of a gay couple os to live happily with your significant other and accept the fact that you cannot have children. Many gay couples choose to adopt to create their own family. Not to bring a child into a better home. Also bringing a child into a gay home can result in the child questioning themselves. Like, "Why dont I have a mom and dad? Am I more like my birth parents or the people who raised me? Where do I actually come from? Why did my real parents not want me?"
Single parents shouldn't have the right to adopt either. Most of the time people who adopt are doing it for their own selfish reasons. They dont realize that a child takes work, time, and money. Single american are usually lonely and want something that will love them unconditionally.
EBaldofsky

Pro

Well gay rights back up and give me supporting facts to my reason as to why they should be able to adopt a child. So your argument to the problem is that because you are gay you chose to live that life style. By a study done in 2004 and published in 2006 actually shows that it is a biological problem not a mental probable. Due to the antibodies problem it is shown that homosexuality is increased. (http://serendip.brynmawr.edu...). A kid can question them self about any thing, why does mommy and daddy hate each other, why do my parents not love me, am I adopted. But beside the moral probable that you have regarding this issue why do you think gays shouldn't be allowed to adopted. Or the fact that you can have artificial insemination and wont allow them to have kids.
Single Americans aren't selfish to want to adopt a child. If you had a husband and he passed away before you were able to have a child would you give up on adopting a child because it isn't your child or because it is not Mr. right.
valcarcelm

Con

valcarcelm forfeited this round.
EBaldofsky

Pro

As that my opponent has not posted an argument it will be hard for me to make a final conclusion. Her argument against me is based of of her moral belief and her personal belief. The main problem at hand is that do you want to have a gay couple or a single American to have the right to adopt. There are already certain states that allow it and don't allow it. If these people don't have the right to adopt children what would have, a black market for gay couples to have a child, or should they spend thousands of dollars on a person to give the their eggs or sperm. that is also the same case for a single American. Either of those options are not ethically right.
valcarcelm

Con

can we please restart in the challenge i sent you. i need to finish this debate.
Vote Placed by Travniki 4 years ago
Travniki
EBaldofskyvalcarcelmTied