Should Gay Marriage Stay Legalized?

My initial argument states that I do believe gay marriage should stay legalized. Homosexuality is not a choice, and it is not a sin. To restrict the right of marriage to someone is unlawful.

I am open to any arguments.

1. It"s Not Natural
Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2. Other People Will Be Gay
Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3. It Will Lead To Other Crazy Behavior
Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4. Marraige Isn"t Open To Change
Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn"t changed at all. Women are still property, blacks still can"t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5. The Sanctity of Marriage Will Be Broken
Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed. The sanctity of Britney Spears" 55-hour-just-for-fun and Kim Kardashian"s 72-day-highly-profitable marriage would be destroyed.

Argument 1: How could you know that being gay is not natural? How can that explain the millions of homosexuals who are afraid to come out, and they try to hide that they are gay but cannot? If this is so, than how can it possibly be unnatural?

Argument 2: The argument that being around tall people will make you tall is scientifically untrue. I have tons of tall friends and I am still short. I don't know where you heard that, but it is impossible, and irrelevant. People will only be gay if they are gay. You don't just choose to be gay, like I said in argument 1.

Argument 3: There is a difference between homosexuals marrying each other and people marrying their pets, and honestly, if a person wants to marry their pet there is probably something wrong with their mind, and that has nothing to do with homosexuality.

4: Actually we live in a very modern society. If social behavior and technology is changing, why shouldn't marriage? Also, I find this argument offensive. I am a woman, actually, and I am not anybody's property. Blacks actually CAN marry whites, and divorce IS legal.

5. Marriage won't be less meaningful, in fact it will be more meaningful now that everybody can marry who they would like, thank you very much.

Thanks for rebutting my argument. Please continue.

swagfaty forfeited this round.

Con has forfeited the last round. If they would like, they can respond to my arguments from round 2 in this round.

swagfaty forfeited this round.
Posted by lyokowarri0r 6 months ago
Every gay marriage debate is about morality or religion. No mention of Loving v. Virginia.
Posted by rumywonder 6 months ago
His argument is cut and pasted from another website. . . Is there a rule against that?
Posted by GoOrDin 6 months ago
NO it shouldn't. strictly speaking. For innumerable reasons.

number one, 3sums fro corrupt politicians was the primary cause of allowing it in school, forcing it in public, and promoting it in media.
and those perverts stuck in their own private circles as middle aged adults and children who idolize womanizers Are not looking at how the bigger picture has deteriorated in the past 20 years significantly.
Posted by PepePopo2012 6 months ago
He's just trolling, you can't argue with someone like that, I mean read his name and read his arguments. It's fun to read what he states though, so have fun with that but don't expect a serious debate.