negotiator
Deathmonkey7

Should Gay Marriage be Banned?

Deathmonkey7

negotiator

Pro

I believe that gay marriage must be banned. Gay marriage is not necessarily considered a marriage, the reason why it isn't considered a marriage is because it's meant to be for a man and a woman in order for them to raise children together. Same sex marriage will give a bad effect on the child causing him to glean abnormal influences from his guardians.

The second reason why gay marriage is meant to be banned, is because it's the violation of natural laws. This implies that gay marriage as well morally incorrect. People must understand what's good and what's wrong. As gay marriage is continuing it damages the human race.

Lastly, gay marriage avoids the concept of what family should be. While the spouses would want a child, their children will be created artificially, this is the bypassing of natural causes/ doesn't except natural causes.

1. http://www.tfpstudentaction.org...
Deathmonkey7

Con

Pro says that gay marriage is not considered a marriage. Dictionary.com defines marriage as "a legally, religiously, or socially sanctioned union of persons who commit to one another, forming a familial and economic bond".(1) Notice that it doesn't specify that the persons must be male and female. Under this definition, same-sex marriage is just as legitimate as any other marriage.

Pro says that gay marriage is a "violation of natural laws". Under whose definition of natural laws? Homosexuality has been found to be predetermined in the womb.(2) Therefore given by nature.

"People must understand what's good and what's wrong". I submit that it is wrong to deny the officially sanctioned union of two people who love each other and wish to show their commitment so long as they are not closely related.

"As gay marriage is continuing it damages the human race." Pro shows no sources for this.

1. http://tinyurl.com...
2. http://tinyurl.com...
negotiator

Pro

negotiator forfeited this round.
Deathmonkey7

Con

Pro has forfeited this round. I extend my arguments.

Here's some random entertainment while we wait:

negotiator

Pro

negotiator forfeited this round.
Deathmonkey7

Con

I hereby conclude my arguments.
Posted by Deathmonkey7 3 years ago
Deathmonkey7
Well, things would be a lot more equal if they were given actual equal rights. They wouldn't receive any attention if they weren't be discriminated against. And there have been tons of "equal" arguments. Yet sadly, the only real argument people who are for banning gay marriage can ever seem to come up with is "I think it's wrong" either due to religious reasons or because they think it's just plain yucky. Which isn't a legitimate reason for deciding the rights of these people.

I also think it's funny that you write that people should "get a thicker skin" while writing a wall of text about how upset you are that they're getting so much attention. Hypocrite much?
Posted by bkrivas95 3 years ago
bkrivas95
I just find it disturbing that only one side of the argument can feel offended but I guess that's just the way it goes. The underlying cause, if that's what you want to call it, is legitimate equality. The equality of an argument. The ability for two sides to professionally and maturely discuss the topic at hand. It's something that is NEVER allowed in a gay marriage debate and it sucks.
Posted by Deathmonkey7 3 years ago
Deathmonkey7
It sounds like to me the only butt hurt person is you, bkrivas95. I mean damn, you seem pretty upset about homosexuals. Is there an underlying cause here?

http://alexaswonderland.files.wordpress.com...
Posted by bkrivas95 3 years ago
bkrivas95
Here is my opinion. It's the opinion of an educated journalist who enjoys facts as compared to fabrications. The fabrication I want to address is the lie that people are born gay. It's a complete joke and is used as a cloak to hide the guilt of homosexuals. While I believe it is a sin and immoral, I think it is just as much a sin and a screw up as the next bad decision one could make. But that's also my main point, it's a decision. People have claimed that science proves that people can be born gay and it's simply not true. What those scientific tests have shown is that SOME men are born with LESS TESTOSTERONE than the average baby, and the same goes for females and a lack of estrogen. While they do not have as much male or female hormones respectively, that hormone deficiency is NOT what causes people to be gay. What makes me sick is that people who "come out," as people call it now, are given all this glory and praise and I don't see why. People give them all this attention for being different, special, and whatever else you'd like to call it...unique, if you will, and then the second, and I mean literally in the same breath, someone even barely criticizes their lifestyle they get extremely butt hurt and then the law suits begin. Honestly, it's time that Americans seriously grew up. I don't care if you're gay or not, I will still treat you the same. But I have the same right to express my opinion as you do, ESPECIALLY if it's opposite to what you think or believe is ok. If you are going to choose to be gay, and it is your choice not something that you are born into or with, then that's your deal. But for crying out loud....get a thicker skin.
Posted by Deathmonkey7 3 years ago
Deathmonkey7
This 1000 character limit is some kind of evil. I can't even fit my entire rebuttal in there, let alone make any new points. Is there a way to alter this?
Posted by negotiator 3 years ago
negotiator
and accept
Posted by negotiator 3 years ago
negotiator
I meant to say is as well morally incorrect.
Vote Placed by JonMilne 3 years ago
JonMilne
negotiatorDeathmonkey7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: How on earth is pro winning this when he forfeited the debate?
Vote Placed by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
negotiatorDeathmonkey7Tied
Vote Placed by rajun 3 years ago
rajun
negotiatorDeathmonkey7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff...just and undeserved tie going on...