JustAlfey
theta_pinch

Should Gay Marriage be legal?

JustAlfey

Pro

I believe Gay Marriage should be legal, because making it illegal would be unethical.
theta_pinch

Con

I am going to argue that Gay marriage should be illegal because it is unnatural.

PROOF BEING GAY IS UNNATURAL: likes NEVER attract except in humans. This is based off of the fact that like charges and poles NEVER EVER attract in electromagnetism; one of the fundamental forces.

Therefore gay marriage should be illegal.
JustAlfey

Pro

I'm glad my challenge was excepted.

"likes NEVER attract except in humans"

I shall dispute this claim by pointing out that this is a common occurrence in the animal kingdom. I shall post a list of animals that have exhibited homosexual behaviors.

Giraffes. Interesting first choice be me because scientist state that more Giraffes exhibit homosexual behavior then giraffes that exhibit heterosexual behavior.

Bulls and Rams. Farmers often come across Bulls and Rams which refuse to mate with the opposite sex.

Mallards. 19% of Mallards are homosexual pairs in the wild.

Pigeons. Both Male and Female Pigeons have shown signs of homosexuality. Females will sometimes lay infertile eggs in an attempt to raise children with another female pigeon.

African Lion. The big Cat. 8% have mounted other Lions.

King Penguins. Also common to find Homosexuals among their ranking.

Peter Boeckman, the Acadamic Advisor for the University of Oslo was quoted saying "One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species,"

Did you know the Dwarf Chimpanzee's entire population is Bisexual? This was an evolutionary trait that helped relieve violence among families.

It is even seen among Dolphins and Killer Whales.

(1) Over 1500 animal species have been documented exhibiting homosexual behavior.

Now onto your second point on Electromagnetism. Explain to me how Electromagnetism is a factor in sexual preference because I am no Physicist, so I don't see what your point is.

Now lets say Hypothetically; this is a big if; Homosexuality was a choice. Should it still be illegal? What reasons would you have against it?

I eagerly await your response.

(1) http://www.news-medical.net...
theta_pinch

Con

I concede; there are no real reasons to ban it other than personal opinion, religion, or tradition which aren't valid reasons for this debate.
JustAlfey

Pro

Not if I concede first!
theta_pinch

Con

So you are going to try and concede before me?
JustAlfey

Pro

You tricked me! Your good...
theta_pinch

Con

Pro has conceded so I have decided to not concede.
Posted by JustAlfey 2 years ago
JustAlfey
Well see who really conceded here...
Posted by debatingequality 2 years ago
debatingequality
I hope you win JustAlfey
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
JustAlfey just posted what I was thinking. Homosexuality exists in many types of animals, including chimpanzees, our cousin species.
Posted by theta_pinch 2 years ago
theta_pinch
No; I am not playing devils advocate. Also it is not supposed to have been interpreted as offensive; it shouldn't anyway since that statement is true; nowhere in the universe do we see likes attract except in humans.
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
I do not mean just offensive, but your claim that likes do not attract except in humans. Are you playing devil's advocate on this debate?
Posted by theta_pinch 2 years ago
theta_pinch
This is not supposed to be offensive.
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
theta, I support most of what you say in your debates, but I hope you are joking with this one.
Posted by theta_pinch 2 years ago
theta_pinch
Yes.
Posted by JustAlfey 2 years ago
JustAlfey
Are you still there man?