shawnmurphy
CPUSA99

Should Gay marriage be able to marry in Chapels

shawnmurphy

Con

Same sex marriage is where a man and man, or a woman and a woman would like to become married. It is perverted, God created us to be married as a woman and man. I think it would unlawful of the Bible and very sinful if they desired to become married in a Church. I believe they should be allow to marry but not in a chapel that is against the teaching of God, therefore it shouldn't be allowed. Would Jesus allow Gays to marry in his Church?
CPUSA99

Pro

No because it goes against christianity.
shawnmurphy

Con

shawnmurphy forfeited this round.
CPUSA99

Pro

CPUSA99 forfeited this round.
Posted by 303zlari 3 years ago
303zlari
Let me start by saying I am against gay marriage. I am Catholic and my bias evidently influences my stand in this argument, but I understand that when religion is taken out of the argument because of separation of Church and State that there is no real argument against gay marriage. In this case though, a chapel is part of a church, depending on the religious views of the church, I would say no if the church was against gay marriage, and say yes if the church was for gay marriage. In all honesty though, I believe that marriage between the same sex is wrong.
Posted by othercheek 3 years ago
othercheek
Um, you two are on the same side. But I definitely do appreciate Con's stance: that gay marriage is okay, as long as it's kept separate from Christianity, which it goes against. That's a perfectly fair and reasonable way to keep religious beliefs without denying rights to a group of people.