Evaclair
nadstoo

Should Gay marriage be allowed

Evaclair

Evaclair

Pro

Gay marriage should be allowed and we should marry who we love. As a bi, I want to stand up and say this.
nadstoo

Con

I except this challenge because I find the same-sex marriage; First-of-all, very Unbiblical, and secondly utterly disgusting.
I may not have enough time to submit on time due to the many commitments that I have made and the amount of homework I am receiving lately. However, I will try my utmost since I believe it is my duty to argue against this.
Wishing good luck to my opponent!!
Evaclair

Pro

That is a great offense to many athiest. You are assuming that everyone has a religion? And it doesn't matter if it is "disturbing" or "disgusiting" because that is who people love. Those are our rights to marry who we love. Are you saying just because its "disgusting" and "unbiblical" (again assuming everyone has a religion), you are going to take our rights away?
I also apologize for the future coming if I do not submit on time. I am a very busy person serving in the military but I will try to do my best to submit on time because of course it is MY duty to argue against you.
I wish good luck to you as well!
nadstoo

Con

Let me say, "If atheism is a religion, than bald is a hair color." I really cannot debate a topic like this if you do not believe there is a God that clearly condemns same-sex marriage. And is not the purpose of marriage to reproduce. "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it."
God also said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him and help meet for him. And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found and help meet for him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, this is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Notice cleave unto his wife, which is a woman.
Even arguing from an atheistic level we can say that this is a mistake. The purpose of the man and a women"s reproductive organs is to reproduce, obviously. In my opinion this is a huge mistake. A man and a man cannot reproduce neither can a women and a women reproduce.
Evaclair

Pro

It seems that you refuse to respect those who don't believe in a god. I don't choose to believe in one but I at least respect that the religious have their own beliefs. I respect what your "God" said but it really does not matter to me. I will not respect your god if you do not respect that some people do not believe in God.
What I am saying is that not everything revolves around this one particular person. Have you ever seen this god except in churches? In churches, they just imagine what god would look like. How do you know that God helped us. How do you know he isn't some sort of criminal that tricked us all? How do you even know if this God is a "he" or a "she"! If you cannot tell me these things, you cannot prove that their is a god.
If you ask me, this God shouldn't be anyone's center of belief. To take away our rights to marry who we love like that? If I were to believe in a god, it would be a god that doesn't control us like this. A god that lets us marry who we love no matter what. You "God" (if I can even call him/her that) is a disgrace to humankind and interfering with our lives. For example, If you just go on in normal life and suddenly you come across the god that you decide to believe in, you suddenly change for the sake of this god. You become vegetarian, you believe in things you never believed in before. It's just like he's taken over you entire life and drowned it in his beliefs to be right.
I apologize if this offends you in any way but just hearing you say that everyone must believe in a god makes me angry. We have rights and you make it sound like God takes that all away. I know I shouldn't be offending your beliefs and I'm sorry for it. I know you have strong beliefs for this God but not everyone has to follow this God of yours. So again, I sincerely apologize for any offense caused to you are your Lord.
nadstoo

Con

Let me ask again; what is the purpose of the male and female reproductive ograns? Is it not to reproduce. You may say, however, that "today" they are no longer called reproductive organs... well in that case there is no way that I can argue a point like this. It is very difficult to argue a point like this without directly referring to the Bible. Sorry for the offense that I made earlier. Please do not be offended by this... I really do think that homosexuality is a terrible menatal disorder. SORRY!! Anyone who would try argue a point like this in the world we live in today will, unfortunately, not get anywhere.
And again please do not take any offense.
Evaclair

Pro

There are many kids out there who don't have a home. Studies say that we die faster than we reproduce so why not save those kids first? If you ask me, we should all be adopting the kids until we save many lives and then we can reproduce. Then again, there are many people out there who can reproduce.
You might say that you don't care but just hear me out. Many kids out there who don't have families and who are stuck in orphanages are not treated has good as you think. You might think that its the orphanages job to take care of the kids but they don't do it very well. As we all know, kids need exercise to grow. Well, many orphanages tie down the kids so they're easier to be taken care of. Did these kids deserve it? NO! But they don't get to make their own choices because they are being taken over by these irresponsible "parents"
And you need no reason to apologize to me. We both have our beliefs and I respect that. And we are debating here! We are not apologizing for our own mistakes.
nadstoo

Con

I do not have a problem with homo or bi people. Being bi or homo sexual is a natural thing, even monkeys have this. But I do have a problem when a person would like to express their love through marriage or other sexual desires. If I were born homosexual I still would not have thought it right because of my strong religious beliefs. It is extremely difficult to argue my perspective without using the Bible as I mentioned in a previous "argument".
But still a normal couple, in my opinion, can adopt the homeless children. Many men and women have fertility issues. I think that these couples should be the ones to adopt those children. By a couple I mean a man and a women.
Evaclair

Pro

What's the point of being homosexual if you can't even express your love? Exactly. No point. I am bi and I am planning to marry who I love, no matter what gender, male or female. I am also planning to save at least one of those children that get tied down EVERY SINGLE DAY! I do not really care about religious beliefs right now. You are right. Being bi or homo sexual is a natural thing but if its a natural thing, why can't marrying the same sex be natural?
You say a normal couple could adopt a homeless child but do you think they WOULD! Many "normal" couples would prefer to give birth to a baby. And you call them normal couples, why can't same sex couples be normal too? This is very unfair to us homo sexual and bi's.
nadstoo

Con

nadstoo forfeited this round.
Posted by Evaclair 2 years ago
Evaclair
Yes but there are many kids out there who don't have homes and families. Why not give those kids a second chance? They deserve it. What they don't deserve is to be deserted in some sort of Orphanage where he/she isn't taken care of properly. In many orphanages, they don't have time to play with the kids and they tie the kids down so they are easier to be taken care. Its a disgrace! Its not even the kids fault! They do not deserve to be treated this way!
Posted by MikeMighty 2 years ago
MikeMighty
Same sex can not have child right
Posted by Evaclair 2 years ago
Evaclair
Yes I agree. If there is no particular reason why we have to marry the opposite sex then we should be able to marry the same sex. If you can give me a reason why we have to marry the opposite sex then maybe I'll reconsider.
Posted by Evaclair 2 years ago
Evaclair
Posted by Harold_Lloyd 2 years ago
Harold_Lloyd
The U.S., not being a theocracy, has no business relying on biblical authority in making laws.

If exercising personal freedom leads us to marry in a non-traditional way, the proper position of any govt should be,"Why not?"

If you can't logically and rationally explain why marriage can only be between two persons of the opposite sex, and describe clearly the damage done to the society as a whole when it happens otherwise, then it behooves you to stand aside.

You don't have to approve, or even to like it, but that's the fun of living in a real democracy.
Posted by Evaclair 2 years ago
Evaclair
It is just who they love and that should be their right to decide if they want to marry.
Posted by JayConar 2 years ago
JayConar
Why would two heterosexual women or men wish to marry each other what a confusing issue.
Posted by Evaclair 2 years ago
Evaclair
Yes you are right. I meant to put same-sex marriage and I did not mean to be discriminatory towards anything.
Posted by 1Credo 2 years ago
1Credo
I think you mean "same-sex marriage".

Gay marriage would involve allowing homosexual men to marry other homosexual men and homosexual women to marry other homosexual women, but it would deny heterosexual men from marrying heterosexual men and heterosexual women from marrying heterosexual women. As such, "gay marriage" would be discriminatory. The laws of the United States cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation and it is for this reason (among others) that gay marriage could not be legalized.
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
EvaclairnadstooTied
Reasons for voting decision: The bible or any religion is not a credible source of information especially when it comes to ethics and morals. there is nothing ethically wrong with being gay outside of religion. Marriage is not christian, it existed long before Christianity and not everyone who gets married is christian today. It happens in many beliefs and in many different homes. If pr had said "holy union" that would be a bit different. Reproduction has nothing to do with marrage. Many people get married and have no kids and many single people have kids. By today standards Marriage is as useful to reproduction as putting lemons near the bed. I am kind of disappointment than no one raised ethics, who does it harm, or pretty much any reasons out side of reproduction or bible.
Vote Placed by benko12345678 2 years ago
benko12345678
EvaclairnadstooTied
Reasons for voting decision: Didn't really bother to read the debate, I just saw con say: I except instead of I accept...Grammar goes to pro