AgainstFor
EliasL

Should Gay marriage be legalized?

AgainstFor

AgainstFor

Pro

Gay Marriage is a topic that has been raging on for years. Legal or not legal? It is not recommended to use the bible here, as there is a separation of Church and State. Therefore, banning gay marriage cannot be based of of the Bible, or any other religious book or writing.
EliasL

Con

I accept your challenge. I do not believe that gay marriage should be legalized. I believe that any type of sexual relation between two of the same sex is unnatural.
AgainstFor

Pro

Please explain why you believe homesexuality is unnatural. Many animals in nature have been shown to be gay, and again, The Bible won't help because of separation of Church and State.
EliasL

Con

Animal's minds are far less complex than ours. http://www.aboutintelligence.co.uk...

An animal's sexual relations have nothing to do with the pleasure, it has to do with the offspring they are attempting to have. That is why humans have no "mating season". However, Bible or not, sexual intercourse is meant for SEXUAL reproduction. Now of course you could argue that I'm implying condoms or birth control shouldn't exist because of this, but that is an entirely different topic.

Homosexualiy is not a natural thing due to the creation of human beings make the male genitals compatible with female genitals to create life. Homosexual intercourse does not involve the male and female genitals, as the second party will not have the correct parts to be naturally used.

Gay relationships are only as romantic as straight relationships because of the fact that the person or persons have convinced themselves that they are gay and there is no going back. Being gay is, though many deny it, a choice. Now obviously, with the popular view on the subject, no one will simply think "I want to be gay!", it is their environment that determines their thought process.
AgainstFor

Pro

The problem is that Straight couples sometimes are sterile yet still have sex, so is that wrong too?
Natural- "existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind."
Existing in or caused by nature. Also, why, if being Gay is so wrong, did God allow it to happen? Why didn't he just prevent it or kill all Gay relations?
Once having a crush on another male, I must say it is not a "choice". If it's influenced by the environment, then that must mean every other form of crush/love is also ok, because of the "environment". To me, that sounds like, "we only have Straight people because Boys and Girls are with eachother everyday." And, again, I point out, you seem to have used the Bible again. "The creation of human beings". No, I thought I stated "No using the bible", because that defeats the purpose of the argument because of Separation of Church and State.

Just another side-argument-
If because of the whole point of creation was for Man/Woman sex (as it's oh so "special" and "natural") and being gay is wrong, because that was not the intended purpose, does that mean artificial products are bad too? Were we supposed to only survive on berries and crops?

Second side-argument- If you plan on using Leviticus 18:22, keep in mind, that is from the old testament. Following by this rule, doesn't that mean you can't eat pig meat, cannot have haircuts and you must kill your kids if they cuss at you.
EliasL

Con

I read and re-read my post at least three times. Not once did I refer to the Bible to support my arguments, and you kind of did, just a thought.

By the time a "crush" has developed between two of the same gender, it is obvious that something dictated them into the thought process of being gay. No one is born gay.

You also didn't even COMMENT on my statements about the genitals. Whether God created it or not, they are compatible with the OPPOSITE sex for a reason.

Also, never did I quote Leviticus. Please learn to read your opponent's arguments.

You are also not stating arguments, you are arguing more about your "rule" than gay marriage.

A very sensitive time when it comes to swaying sexuality is puberty. One's hormones are basically going wild, and its easy to sway left or right. However, if the person sways too far, they often label themselves immediately. This causes them to not release what has happened and is now attracted to men.

I say again: NO ONE IS BORN GAY.

I now make the simple request that you give me something to rebuttal. Don't complain about my non existent use of the Bible, thanks,
AgainstFor

Pro

Sorry, I wrote that at like 1 in the morning, so it's all messed up. XD (not trying to excuse myself, just explaining why it made no sense)

Yes, my "no using the Bible" claim was kinda absurd in my last post, but you said "the creation of human beings make the male genitals compatible with female genitals to create life." which SORT OF implies God/Biblical reference. So yes, my claim was absurd and I'm sorry for that. However, I said "If you plan on using Leviticus 18:22". I said "PLAN ON". I didn't say you had used it, but I was just kinda just saying to not use it. I never used the Bible to JUSTIFY claims. I just mentioned it. However, you have mentioned it too, so that defeats my argument there.

From Wikipedia- "There is no consensus among scientists about why a person develops a particular sexual orientation. Many scientists think that nature and nurture " a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences " factor into the cause of sexual orientation." So yes, you were right about the environmental part. But it also says genetic, too, so doesn't that mean someone could be born Gay or Bi?

Not all Gay people, by the way, are completely, 100% totally convinced that they are gay and will never ever be attracted to the opposite sex again. Bisexuals love both and not all gay people are convinced there's no going back. Also, again, sterile hetrosexual couples, and a lot of them mind you, have sex and can't reproduce. So, that must mean that's wrong too because it's meant for reproduction?

I know you denied the "I want to be Gay" thing, but doesn't your argument mean being a Hetrosexual is a choice too? After all, the environment has an influence. Why should one "choice" be favored over another one?

This one was rushed, too. Please respond with your argument, because I'd love to reply! (Not being sarcastic/mean here, I'd actually love to continue!)

Real quick- Do you think Gays should be discriminated? I'm not implying you DO, i'm not saying that, but if so, please just look at this video. Note this is not supposed to be part of my argument.
Video: https://www.youtube.com...
EliasL

Con

EliasL forfeited this round.
AgainstFor

Pro

Oh yeah, by the way, how it "unnatural" bad? You know what else is unnatural? TVs, Wifi, Computers, Cars, Trucks, and MUCH MORE. So, funny how your using one of those "unnatural" items to debate me. And finally, I guess we should outlaw the things I listed above because they're unnatural, right? Or will you continue to just ignore this debate like last round? And don't say "I wasn't on". I saw activity from you before your time was up.
EliasL

Con

EliasL forfeited this round.
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
cwt002,

would you be interested in a debate with me weather homosexuality is natural>
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
Also, I was not implying it's unnatural. That's what I'm ARGUING against, right? Human rights and poop I guess are a good comparison in your eyes, so I will, once again, as in my comment below, point out that Wifi is unnatural. TVs are too. Computers, Cars, and more. So, stop using them with that mentality. After all, they are made by humans, therefore unnatural.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
Let's just assume for a second that homosexuality is unnatural.
Now, let's think- what else is unnatural? TVs, WiFi, Computers, Cars, Trucks and A TON of other things. So, explain to me why you are using one of those dreaded "unnatural" things to get your point across?
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Again not a very good video to watch. According to his logic it is natural to eat feces or vomit or your own babies because it occurs in nature. Therefore, if humans did this he would have to say well it is natural, it occurs in nature. My argument is that just because animals do something does not make it natural for humans to do it.

Also, to your previous comment " I'm pretty sure there's a difference between eating your own poop and Gay marriage." I am guessing you are agreeing that homosexuality may be unnatural if you are claiming eating you own feces is unnatural because they both occur in nature.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
@AgainstFor my main point is that the argument for homosexuality and that it is natural because it occurs in nature is irrelevant and cannot be made for the reasons I mentioned. On legalizing gay marriage being reasonable is very debatable as there are significant health risks involved and can be dangerous as well.
Posted by AgainstFor 2 years ago
AgainstFor
@cwt002 I'm pretty sure there's a difference between eating your own poop and Gay marriage. Problem is, we know eating your poop is disgusting and dangerous, but legalizing Gay marriage is actually reasonable.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
On my first comment I should have included, it is irrelevant to humans committing homosexual acts.
Posted by cwt002 2 years ago
cwt002
Because,for example many animals eat their own feces or vomit. Well this occurs in nature so according to your logic humans should do the same because it is natural. But for people this is extremely harmful and dangerous activities with no benefits. So things occur in nature with animals that should not occur with humans.
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
natural
G2;nat@3;(ə)r(ə)l/Submit
adjective
1.
existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
AgainstForEliasLTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture