leyabickell
Enceladus

Should Gays Be able to get married?

Enceladus

leyabickell

Pro

Before I start can I just say, I support anyone's opinion. I support all religions. Until they use their religion to hurt others, or speak out against someone's religion.
If one uses the bible, or any other religious text, to hurt another; they are using the bible wrong. Gay's are humans like you and I, they have their rights. The Pope even says, "if a gay lives a life under god, who am I to judge?"
The pope is completely correct. That is my belief, I am a Unitarian.
Unitarian= a religion that believes in all religions, supports Gays.
I use the bible to love all, not to hurt others. I would love to hear your opinion's too.
Enceladus

Con

I am not fully against Gay people, but in all truth, I do not like them.

Firstly, I begin my argument by saying that it is not marriage these have always been the vows:
"I, take you,
to be my wife/husband,
to have and to hold
from this day forward;
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
till death us do part'

These vows ask for the proper gender and not husband and husband.

Secondly, evolution is becoming disgraceful. Modern days have changed the ways we live, in which, some ways are fine. Many centuries have banned gay marriage and I understand completely why. We should go back to those rules, unfortunately, gays are disgusting to watch.

Call me stonage, but it's no nice to watch.

Thirdly, I feel that if they adopt a child, that the child's life will be hard to live through. They'll probably be bullied by the kids that do not agree with gay marriage. It also brings me to that the child's life will be unstable, unstable indeed. I find gays clingy. The child will defiantly not like that. Also, the child needs to be able to call someone 'Mother' and someone 'Father'. Not both father. This brings me onto something else, Gays will most likely ignore the child. This child's also going to feel embarrassed because he's the only one in the class whose parents are gay. I do not feel that Gays are ideal parents.
leyabickell

Pro

leyabickell forfeited this round.
Enceladus

Con

#2

Reproduction
Some people raise families from marriage, Gays cannot do this.

Encouragement
It will encourage people to become Gay.

Children
I don't think they should be able to adopt children, since this child will be raised in the Gay atmosphere. If this child is, yes, he will be bullied, but he will most likely be Gay when he grows up. Obviously thinking that it's ok. Still, they're probably less likely to adopt.

Modern Days are Getting out of Hand.
Yeah, they are. Pollution, fracking, ice caps, slavery and now Gay marriage. That'll probably add onto the problems we have today.
leyabickell

Pro

leyabickell forfeited this round.
Enceladus

Con

I will begin one more point I have thought of:

Nature.

Are you kidding me? Nature isn't gay, or anything strange. Nature's straight. Being Gay breaks Nature's law. Follow its laws.

Unfortunately I haven't been given anything to debate with, so I can't think of much.

Nice meeting you, leyabickell.
Posted by Enceladus 2 years ago
Enceladus
Hn, I can't say I'm fully against gays.

To be honest, they don't affect me, so I shouldn't be able to say I am against them.
Posted by briantheliberal 2 years ago
briantheliberal
TheWORDisLIFE, what world are you living in? That is not a sound or logical comparison at all.
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
I am not fully against Enceladus, but in all truth, I do not like them.
Posted by TheWORDisLIFE 2 years ago
TheWORDisLIFE
That's disgusting, that's like asking if grown men should marry 5 year old girls, it's sick.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
leyabickellEnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Reeseroni 2 years ago
Reeseroni
leyabickellEnceladusTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Pro forfeits their arguments, and Con provides legitimate reasons as to why gays should not be married. Pro does not provide any real argument in the first round, but Con does provide arguments to the effect that having gay marriages will not be a productive practice, and will not aid in reproduction or progression in the human species and may also impact other people's lives (negatively).