eoddatsme
jmack

Should George W. Bush And His Cabinet Go Face The Charges Of Crimes Of War and Against Humanity?

eoddatsme

Pro

Bush, Cheney,And their White House Cabinet (and later Attorney General) Alberto Gonzalez and others were found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity relating to the executive orders that launched the wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as of authorizing and failing to punish torture and other war crimes by US forces, including the military and the CIA. Do you think that these people should stop defending themselves on television and GO stand trial in front of the tribunal and defend themselves? I believe if you do something wrong you should face up to it and if you find it just and worthy then you have nothing to fear. What do you think? Saddam Hussein was forced in front of the Courts what makes these people any different?
jmack

Con

Only five people on this earth, all former or current Presidents, can possibly comprehend the pressures inherited with their job. It is easy to criticize; however, we do so ignorantly. These men are voted into office and their main function is to secure our nation. They are untrusted to do just that and all decisions they make are done so with that it mind. They carry a tremendous burden. They use all of their resources (the joint chiefs of staff of the armed services, NSA advisor and foreign policy experts.) We have to trust the man in the seat. W did a great job protecting this country under extraordinary circumstances. We should not join the critics, like the cowardly French, in condemning our Presidents. We live the the greatest country in the world, act as the police of the world and must take certain liberties to ensure peace. Terrorists, radical islamic extremists and others, do not deserve the treatment you think they should have. They are guilty of crimes against nature and humanity and deserve what they got. If anything, we should praise President Bush for making the difficult decisions and thus making this country a safer place.
eoddatsme

Pro

I do not feel that any radical muslim extremest deserves anything but death as far as I'm concerned, so please don't put words into my mouth sir. I condemn Bush for his lies to the American People and for taking us into a war in Iraq that never should have been in the first place, he is the only President to ever invade a sovereign country and he is the President that made the World not want our policing. I'm not with the critics, I'm a citizen of the United States Of America and I'm not proud of Bush's actions at all, repressing information, lying to the American Public, Turning Countries were once our allies against us, Making our Military fight his Oil War, Using the American People as propaganda to get richer and the poorer get poorer. Every President has tremendous stresses and pressures on them, but I guarantee you one thing, John F. Kennedy would have never let 9/11 happen and he would have fired everyone that did let it happen if it happened to on his watch, not promote them all. He ignored the American's plea for a proper investigation into 9/11 and ignored the families of the victims of 9/11 to the degree that they had to goto Washington themselves and rally Congressmen and Senators themselves to MAKE him do an investigation and he did...over a year later. He has been the most dishonest President ever in the American Public eye as far as I am concerned, he did not listen to the American people for what they wanted, he listened only to his father and Dick Cheney and now we see what we have today to show for it, a messed up world, a messed up economy and he's living it up with his $2.5 million dollar Presidential Library. He was illiterate, he was a puppet and he was awful in my opinion.
jmack

Con

jmack forfeited this round.
eoddatsme

Pro

The office of President is to be an office of integrity and honest with the American People. I personally believe that the vote should be the popular vote so that the President that the American People really want in the White House, gets in the White House and not Electoral Votes.
By every account possible, Al Gore won the Presidency and George W. Bush should have never been President in the first place. He turned out to be a liar, a con man, a puppet and the Worst President in History, even Richard Nixon had pride enough to step down during his wrong doing. Bill Clinton? what he does in the privacy of his zipper is none of our business, but a President that kills 100 of thousands of innocent people including our own Military is no President, he's a dictator. The Bush Presidency was a dictatorship, ignoring Congress, ignoring the American People and lying to our faces and telling the media what they can and can not say. censorship should never be an option for the President when the American People deserve the truth. I am glad George is gone, and I hope Jeb doesn't ever run for President, Sr. was an awful President with his "New World Order" crap delivered 10 years earlier to the day of 9/11 and he used his sons bought Presidency to make his "New World Order" closer to reality. Make them face the charges the World has accused them of, let our Country again be a democracy where even the President can't escape the Law and let us be respected again as the Great Nation we are, Not the Bush Nation he created.
jmack

Con

jmack forfeited this round.
Posted by eoddatsme 3 years ago
eoddatsme
Thank you for the suggestions Ragnar, all true
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Small suggestions for both debaters in this.

1. Use more line breaks. Even if you would not on a formal paper, it makes things easier to read in the online format.

2. Cite information.

3. (to pro) Avoid trying to debate things in the comment section, as it can distract from your actual argument.
Posted by eoddatsme 3 years ago
eoddatsme
Backed Up In This! Watch This, Then Talk To Me!
Posted by eoddatsme 3 years ago
eoddatsme
George W. Bush lied to every person in this Country when saying that there were weapons of mass destruction to deceive the American public in our time of crisis to go into Iraq in the first place. He lied about "seeing" the first plane hit the building, he lied about no knowing advanced knowledge of attacks planned on American soil, he and his whole cabinet left the American people in the dark on about everything they were doing "To Protect Us" which is total whitewash, and he has the audacity to build a new Presidential Library for $2.5 million when this country is in debt? Obama may be alot of things, he may do alot of things but I've not seen him go in front of Congress and lie to their faces to get what he wants. I've not seen one President in HISTORY that testified off the record, not under oath and behind closed doors after something as tragic as 9/11, neither have I seen a President refuse to do an investigation into something like that until the Families of 9/11 practically went to Washington on their own and MADE HIM do it and then he only allot $500,000.00 for it and in the words of the 9/11 Commission itself, it was set up to fail. This Country wasn't any safer under George W. Bush than it is now. George W. Bush lied his way into a war that never should have been and I do feel he should face his own doing and answer for his actions if they are so noble and genuine what is he afraid of? Why hasn't he went in front of the World and redeemed himself? I know why, because He IS a War Criminal and He IS a guilty of Crimes Against Humanity.
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
if bush should be faced with charges then Obama should be impeached.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
So the standard is set by Saddam Hussein?

I'll accept if you don't mind me having a few debates under my belt already.