yanagurl136
Nd2400

Should Girls Be Allowed To Play Football (American)

Nd2400
Started: 10/19/2017 Category: Sports

yanagurl136

Pro

There is no reason why girls are not physically or mentally able to play football. We have the toughness and we can find ways to adapt to the physical barriers.
Nd2400

Con

I want to thank you yanagurl136, for an interesting topic.

Ok, let me first knock this out of the way. I think females can do many, many things. Females can do anything thing a male can do. SO, I will not be arguing male VS female.

What I will be Arguing, is a physical contacted sport such as American football, is too demanding on the womans body. Such as (CTE), legs, arms, upper body, and other injuries. The other part of this argument, I will be discussing, is male football is more entertaining, Female WNBA is not as entertaining as the NBA, why because for one reason is the basketball hoop is 10ft tall, and woman can't dunk, their only been two females in the WNBA that could dunk. So there for it not as entertaining, it will not be popular like the men's Basketball. Another sport is woman hockey, they are physical, but not like the males, they are faster, stronger, more out athletics, than the women. So, they for more people will be watching the male's sports more than the woman's.

I will go further in detail in the later rounds, on why Woman or girls shouldn't play American football. I'm here to discuss why women shouldn't play American football, not touch football, or if you want to talk about just girls playing pee wee football. I guess i could still argue why they shouldn't play American foot as well.

SO i'm looking forward to what my opponents response will be.
yanagurl136

Pro

It is statistically proven that women play harder and more aggressive. This is why I think that you are incorrect in saying that it is less entertaining to watch women's sports. Furthermore, there has hardly ever been a woman playing NFL or collegiate football so how would you know whether or not it is fun to see them play football?

If a woman is dressed up in the same protective gear that a man is, why would that make it more of a risk for her? Yes, girls have lower pain tolerances and we are more emotional and physically we are built differently but we shouldn't be "sidelined" so to speak just because of how we are built.

There are girls that are heavier and more muscular that want to play football then some of the guys on my high school team and trust me, those guys aren't getting beat up and/or knocked out. As for an accusations of inappropriate touching, a woman kind of assumes the contact when she signs up for the sport. As for the mental part of it, just because it's a girl doesn't mean you should treat her any differently. If you are intimidated or pissed off about having to play with a girl, then that is your own fault.

It is also, again scientifically and psychologically proven, that women are more aggressive and controlling both towards and more so then men, so I don't think you'd have to worry about her being boring. In fact, you might find that it is more fun to watch girls because we are so... rough. Take it from me; girls would be a great addition to football teams.
Nd2400

Con

I thought i mentioned i didn't want to turn this debate in to man vs females.

Anyways i will go ahead with this debate, but remember that warning. Now how can you state your claim "statistically proven that women play harder and more aggressive". Without providing any evidence?

Another issue on your claim is you went ahead and say woman can play in the NFL. They are many reasons why that's a bad idea. First women not as strong, not as tall, not as fast, not as athletic, to play with grow men. You know why you don't see a professional boxer going against an women professional boxer, because it would be a no contest. It no difference on playing a team sport. Women would get manhandled, it wouldn't be fun to see. Just like the WNBA, Woman hockey team, woman soccer, softball, they all have they own league, they would not be able to actually beat a professional male athlete. That's why they have their own league. Women have limitations on playing physical sports against mens. "Sex has been identified as a major determinant of athletic performance through the impact of height, weight, body fat, muscle mass, aerobic capacity or anaerobic threshold as a result of genetic and hormonal differences".

You went on to say "scientifically and psychologically proven, that women are more aggressive and controlling both towards and more so then men" again you saying this without any proof.
If you going to say something like this then we need evidence on those claims.

This should not have been male vs female. But you insist on thinking women would have a great chance on beating a man in football. But there are problems with that, a physical one, and a mental one too. Playing on a team sport, a sport that you get paid a lot of money. You need trust in your teammates, that would not be the case if a woman is on the team. Guys would not be able to trust them on the field. Like i said before there are reasons why women have they own leagues and not playing on the same team as a guy.

They are other reason too. Like entertainment, it clear a male sport, would win the popular vote, and would get the high ratings than women. For example the NBA VS the WNBA. "WBNA average per-game attendance last season was only 7,138"the lowest mark in league history, and well below the average per-game NBA draw of 17,849". Not saying the WNBA is bad, it actually good. But they need to change some rules, because they are playing with nba rules. Which doesn't make sense. A male sport will always get more attention, and that is a proven fact. Women is fighting a uphill battle just for having there own league. Why because the public would prefer watching a male sports.

https://sports.vice.com...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
yanagurl136

Pro

Literally, this is sort of me trying to break down the sexist cultured views that women can't play football. Sure, there is a physical aspect of it but there are positions that girls can play that are less physical... kicker? (http://www.espn.com...).

This isn't even really about whether or not females CAN play football; because obviously they can. It is a question of SHOULD they be allowed to and of course they should. And in no way, shape or form did I ever say that a woman had a chance of beating a man in football because, of course, in this sport they are superior. I'm just saying that girls should be allowed to play.

I'll reiterate this later but I NEVER EVER said that women could ever be better than men at this sport. When I said that we play harder and more aggressive I was saying that in regards to your comment about it being less entertaining to watch women play.

And literally, I am confused about how a woman would make the team less able to trust each other? Please explain this to me because I'm going to need a little more than your opinion to convince me of that because I wholeheartedly believe that that is incorrect.

And if male sports get more attention and you can "prove it" then please do. I would very much like to see this. This is not about male v. female. This is about girls being able to play all levels of football.
Nd2400

Con

Nice comeback..... Was waiting for this kind of a comeback....

The first thing i will said i think you may have a better argument if women had there own league. Women playing in the NFL would not fly, by the men nor the fans. I will get to that later on.

You did mention a kicker as a good possible position for women. But you see their are a few problems with that as well. Kickers get injuries, just as much as any other positions players. Then you actually have to compete with males, so you just can't be good, you have to be awesome. Before any scouts, or coaches consider bring in a women at a kicker or another position. First have to go though high school, so a women better be very, very good, can't be just average. Then a women need to get a scholarship or any other means to get to college. Then a women need to be so much better than the males at that position, lets just say a kicker, because realistic that's probably be only chance a women could pull it off and play. So assuming a women is this good and the best at her school, that most likely will not be good enough. She need to be like in the top 5 kicker in the country, and that will be very hard. But assuming she is. The NFL will be even harder, for a women to get in too. The NFL will consider everything. So, that's mean she better not have a past injury because if she did that will hold her back form the league. The NFL will look at everything to make sure a women does not get in the league.

Another factor is she will be a target in college, for cheap hits, and even more risk of injury. Football players for the college ranks to the NFL, will not like a women grabbing the attention form them or the team. So, she need to be prepare for a lot of dirty hit toward her way. Women to trying to be part of the team will hear crude jokes like "hey she should be use to putting on pads" and what not. So if ever there was a woman to do this she would not just need to have physical ability but extreme mental toughness as well. Then women being in a locker room with a bunch of men and you are the only woman, in there. You think nothing will be said or nothing would happen.

Now the injury issues for a women. In "terms of frequency, female athletes are concussed and otherwise injured at a much higher rate than men"anywhere from 50% to 500% depending on the sport. There is also evidence suggesting differences between how male and female bodies respond to concussions, further compounding the issue". Another important factor is "male fitness, they play to men"s natural strengths"literally. When they hit puberty, men"s bodies produce more testosterone, which triggers more muscle growth, as well as helping to fuel aggression and competitive instincts. Women"s bodies, in turn, produce more estrogen, which helps them naturally retain more fat". The facts are women will get injury way more than males.

"212% 2014 Men's World Cup group stage vs. 2015 Women's World Cup group stage" the males soccer team is more than 74% higher than the female soccer team. The other example i post up in the 2 round of the debate. The NBA VS the WNBA. "WNBA average per-game attendance last season was only 7,138" and well below the average per-game NBA draw of 17,849". Production values for broadcasts of men"s sports tend to be a lot higher"slow motion, instant replay, multiple angles, a computer-animated. Meaning the males sports get the best thing for they broadcasts. As for the women they don't get the big bucks from tv networks. So the males sports are more popular, and will be as long as people keep watching.

http://www.toptenz.net...

https://www.socceramerica.com...
yanagurl136

Pro

Physically, there are a lot of hurdles that a woman has to overcome. Emotional, physical, mental and yes, social. Men probably wouldn't make it very easy for the woman who is trying to play the game (not to be rude, or to generalize or to offend anyone). As you said, yes, the teasing and awful jokes would be hard to deal with but it isn't anything that hasn't happened before. In fact, it kind of sounds like you are assuming the worst: that the girl would be an outcast and that the guys would never accept her when in fact, in most cases, it is the exact opposite.

The guys are supportive because they want to see a woman succeed where no one has ever succeeded again because this is 2017 after all.

And this is not all about being successful or being paid a lot or even about getting recognition. This is about allowing the woman to play football on whatever level they choose. As for being a kicker, there is no reason that you have to be "awesome" because I've seen a lot of kickers that are less than proficient that even an averagely-talented female kicker could be better than him. Again with the comment about being "in the top 5 of the country" for collegiate football. That is ridiculous. Why set a woman up for failure when she can have just as much fun in a lower division?

As for the dirty fighting, don't be so quick to discredit women. Traditionally, women actually happen to be more aggressive, especially with one another. And the fact that men might be jealous or upset that a woman is gaining attention as a member of the team is their problem, not the woman's.
Nd2400

Con

Yes I'm assuming the worst. Why Because that's what would happen. You thinking male football players would accept a female football player with open arms, when in fact they would not. At least not in the college level and beyond. College players have dream on making it big, and they would see a female as a threat. Meaning a threat they would see it is taking attention away from them, and they would see a female being weaker, so they would test her really hard on and off the field every single day.

A female kicker would have to be in the top 5 in college. Why? Because if she not they the NFL scout and coaches would overlook her and pick some other kicker. Even if she is actually better, they would pick the male kicker, because a women have a higher chance of injury, the NFL players would give her even more hell than college player would. Why would they be tough on her. We'll one in the NFL they get paid, so they wouldnt want a female taking that money easy. They would make her really work for that pay check. Plus the fact that players would target her with a Bullseye on her back. They would use dirty plays such as cheap hits on her before or after the play is dead. Why? Because they can, and would want to make an example out of her. Life in the NFL WOULD not be easy fir a female. Another fact is owners would be taking a big gamble by taking a female football. Why? Because they could have a backlash form fans not supporting they're team if they select a female. So it also a business side to this too.

Still you haven't state your claim "statistically proven that women play harder and more aggressive". Without providing any evidence?

And another claim you haven't provided proof is "scientifically and psychologically proven, that women are more aggressive and controlling both towards and more so then men"

The point is a female football player would not make it to the NFL. At least not anytime soon. And their are too many risk factors for a female player playing in the NFL. That's why i mention it would be easier to have a female football player to play in her own league.
yanagurl136

Pro

I literally am done with this debate.
Nd2400

Con

I want to thank you yanagurl136, for finishing this debate...

This could not have been a pretty debate for you. But you did try, so that's what count.

So i would go on, but since my opponent, couldn't really show why a female should be in the NFL. And couldn't answer my questions, like where is her evidence, she couldn't answer. AS i have. I showed in the earlier rounds on why a female shouldn't be in the NFL.

The point is a female football player would not make it to the NFL. At least not anytime soon. And their are too many risk factors for a female player playing in the NFL. That's why i mention it would be easier to have a female football player to play in her own league. I DID try to give you some another options, to go with in this debate in the early going.

Anyways thank you.... For this debate, it was fun...
Posted by Nd2400 8 months ago
Nd2400
Hey yanagurl136, How are u?

If you want a other debate on whatever topic shoot.....
Posted by yanagurl136 8 months ago
yanagurl136
Lol. SOOOO FUNNY! This just gets funnier
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 8 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@yanagurl136 No there isn't, you're just sexist and jealous.
Posted by yanagurl136 8 months ago
yanagurl136
Actually, there is more of a demand for it then you'd think.
Posted by Nd2400 8 months ago
Nd2400
We are arguing should women play in the NFL. Not just playing football.
Posted by Masterful 8 months ago
Masterful
Should women be allowed to play American football. Yes.

Is there a demand for it. No.
Posted by yanagurl136 9 months ago
yanagurl136
Sure thing. I probably will.
Posted by Nd2400 9 months ago
Nd2400
Should had bring it, in the the debate. That's why i attacked it. Anyways, if you have anymore debates let me know.
Posted by yanagurl136 9 months ago
yanagurl136
As for the evidence, I have the websites right here but since the debate is already over, I don't think it really matters. But I actually researched it because someone had told me that and so wanting to include it in the debate, I had to find scientific evidence to back it up and I did.
Anyways... yeah
Posted by yanagurl136 9 months ago
yanagurl136
I guess, yeah. If you want to say that. I don't really care.
Vote Placed by Mharman 8 months ago
Mharman
yanagurl136Nd2400Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "I am literally done with this debate." This appears to be a forfeit.
Vote Placed by RichardCypher 8 months ago
RichardCypher
yanagurl136Nd2400Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The premise contains a conditional "should". Yes, the "should" (Pro). With men, no they "shouldn't" (Con). Con's overall argument is superior. Women can play pro football together, but not with men because there too many variable that will disrupt the foundation. I also feel Pro did not structure her premise & argumentation guidelines tight enough. Your accusation toward your opponent for what you perceive as "going off script" is no one's fault but the Instigator due to the absence of guiding argument rules.