Tommy2013
mattabeto

Should Girls Have The Right To Play On A Boys' Team?

mattabeto

Tommy2013

Pro

When in school, students love to play sports and in the gymnasium. They love joining teams and competing against each other. But, unfortunately, there is not always a girls' team in each school. So, the other option for girls is to play on a boys' team. Girls have the right to play on a boys' team because the U.S is one of the many countries where the country is a FREE COUNTRY. It is the girl's desicion if she wants to play and have the courage to take the risk and play against boys. No matter what happens, it will be the girl's desicion and responsibility to manage to get over anything they face. Now as a book written by Mc Grill Hill, it states " Smart people think before they act, and not so Smart people act before they think". This shows that weather a girl has a brain or not, it will be the desicion of the girl to decide if she will ruin her future or continue it. Girls playing on a boys' team is similiar to the right in the constitution that states that We The People have the right to do acts that don't harm anything or anyone. For example, we can go to parties at 2PM, we can protest whenever we want and we can have sexual activity in any place we want. So I ask you this, why shouldn't girls be able to play on a boys' team?
mattabeto

Con

I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!!!! under the impression that this is a topic outside my own comfort zone and I am looking forward to the challenges of dueling you with words.
May I please ask that the audience votes for whom they think put forward the best arguments and not where your loyalties lie.

Hello,
girls everywhere, think to when the boys have been playing football or rugby, in Australia the massive sport is rugby union,
how do you think females, the proved smaller gender, would feel to have a 100kg plus teenager barreling towards them at full speed , desperate to get the ball and touch down to look good in front of his mates. how do you think the females of the sport would react to a bone breaking, teeth chattering impact... they have female sporting leagues for a reason.

please challenge me further in this debate
I doubt you'l have a problem with that

Matt Murray
Tommy2013

Pro

I do understand you when you say that a woman can get hurt by a men in football while playing football. But as I said before, it will be the responsibility of the girl to choose if she wants to take the risk of getting hurt by a man or if she decides to leave everything and not play at all. She will decide if she wants to suffer and face many challenges, or to stay as she was with no problems and challenges. There is anotare possible answer to why girl's should have the right to play on a boys' team. Just because a person is a girl, doesn't mean that she is weak and does not have the same strength as men. Did you know that there are girl's that have the same strength as men or even have a bigger strength. Matter a fact, if you visit an encyclopedia, you will find out that 11% of women have the same strength as men that are strong and muscular. Just because every person in the world is born differently, it doesn't mean that we will always be different. There are attributes that make us, people special and and there are other attributes that make us boring and ordinary. Just because people are born gay, lesbian, bisexual, latino, white, black, rich or poor, doesn't mean we can't treat others the same way. Do you think it is our fault that we were born like this? The answer is NO! God or the World was the one who created us and decided how we were going to be. The world is not like a fortune teller in which we can decide our physical appearance or personality or race/ethnicity/nationality. So I ask you this: Why don't we let girls play on boys' team if it is not their fault that they were born as girl? Let girls play on BOYS' team!
mattabeto

Con

good points you're arguing with feeling and not fact,
I'm not just looking out for the safety of the women in this debate but also the men. The protection of men being the protection from sexual harassment charges. Think of all the times that you may have been playing sport with the girls, maybe rugby, maybe football, and you have felt awkward going for a tackle because there is no safe way to tackle a women or girl playing sport without it coming off as an advance, and the insecure players would then call off from sport as the may loathe the awkward contact between players. Some not so fair players in this sport would use these awkward contacts to prevent anybody from trying to tackle and therefore all of the players that tried to flaunt this opportunity would make it so that the team with the most insecure players would have the advantages at making runs.

I understand what you are saying about equal rights but I would prefer it if you didn't make comments like, "Just because people are born gay, lesbian, bisexual, Latino, white, black, rich or poor, doesn't mean we can't treat others the same way". This sentence right here has nothing to do with why girls should be on boy's teams in sport and it appears to me like you are trying to employ a "guilt trip" by insinuating that if you do not let girls play on boys teams, then you are a racist homophobe.
This is the equivalent of m saying "vote for me if you support american troops!"

please put forward some more factual arguments and please challenge me in the other rounds so I can take this debate seriously...

Matt Murray
*by the way it's spelled another and not "anotare"....
Tommy2013

Pro

I also do understand you when you say that boys may feel intimidated while playing football with a girl. I also do understand that they may feel uncomfortable when tackling a girl or touching her. But again, as I said before, if the boy feels uncomfortable, then I believe that he should deal with it and get over it, or they should quit the team because when working on a team, they have to be all right with the people who are surrounding him no matter how or who they are. The boy should just get over it because life is not always pleasant and we have to accept it. This is the reason why men/boys should get over it when playing with a man/boy. There are other two reasons why girls should have the right and opportunity to play on a boys' team. In the Constitution or in The Bill of Rights, it says that all men are created equal and that they should also have equal rights. This means that either if you are a boy or a girl, you should have the same rights. In this case, girls should have the opportunity to play on a boys' team no matter their gender. The schools or teams don't have the right to leave a girl that is good at the sport just because of her gender. When doing this act, the schools and teams are denying the girls' rights and the girls have the opportunity to demand them the entrance to the team no matter how they are. Do you know another reason why girls should have the opportunity to play on a boys' team? Well do you know what is the obesity rate in the United States? If you didn't know, the obesity rate in the United States as of 2010, was of 35.7%. How do you expect this children and adults to loose weight? I'm sure you are probably going to say that they can exercise and eat healthy. But the problem with the exercise is that it is not fun for people and in 1-2 weeks, they forget about it and they keep eating. In the other hand, the problem with eating healthy is that these people can't resist eating junk food and food that is not that healthy. So, the other option is to play sports so it can be good for them, but fun at the same time. As I said in my first argument, there is not really a lot of girl teams, so the girls or women have to play on boy teams in order to loose weight and have a healthy life. So, in general, girls SHOULD have the right to play on a boys' team. Even though I'm not a girl, but girls should have the same rights us boys have. LET'S GO GIRLS!
mattabeto

Con

I'm going to put it out there that the reason we play sport is to get and keep fit, but also to have fun. If males feel uncomfortable in a sport then it will ruin the "fun" and "enjoyable" aspects of sport and it will then be seen as it was for a great while... an awkward hour and a half of trying not to offend people of the opposite gender.

Also, the simple physics of the sport is rigged in boy's favor, which means putting girls in the same team is unfair to them. For a girl to have the same amount of momentum as a boy in a standard collision, they must be running at least 20% faster (p=mv). For the girl to 'win' in a collision, they must be running significantly faster, which is surely an unfair handicap to an entire gender. Not to mention, the kinetic energy of the collision is similar to the girl being hit by a one ton car moving at 20km/hr. (the average weight of a male being 85.9kg's and the average female weight being 71.1kg)

thank you for an interesting and fun debate that challenged me on a subject that is not within my comfort zone.
may we have an interesting next debate,
Matt Murray
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
On one hand, you have PRO arguing equal rights and health benefits. On the other hand, you have CON arguing illicit/inappropriate contact and possible health risks.

I think regarding the bone-shattering aspects of football, this can be determined during training. PRO is right that there can easily be females better built for football than males.

On illicit contact, that's a tough one. PRO doesn't really address this at all. It's not about the boys feeling uncomfortable, but the girls getting violated. Regardless, I think PRO is correct that this is just something we will all have to get over. When people play rugby, they should focus on playing rugby, and not focus on trying to cop a cheap feel. There's plenty of gear already available that can minimize the effect of breasts bouncing around and what not.

All in all, I think arguments were really close, and PRO's S&G can use some work (make readable paragraphs please). I will score it a tie.
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
I agree.
Posted by Walrus101 4 years ago
Walrus101
I find it amazing that nobody knows that they can change their votes.
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
This was a very good debate!
Posted by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
You can change your vote
Posted by Juris_Naturalis 4 years ago
Juris_Naturalis
Crap. I messed up my vote. Sorry guys.
Posted by Tommy2013 4 years ago
Tommy2013
Look "Skynet", when I say that people can have sex wherever they want, I mean that they could do it in places such as restaurante and parks. I Don't kbps if you have seen court shows, but I you have, there are some people that admit that they have done sex in pools, restaurants, and parks. So, I'm not trying to be mean or nasty, but I just mean that this is a FREE country.
Posted by wolfman4711 4 years ago
wolfman4711
I would destroy you in this debate sadly for me I've just started a new debate...
Tip to the opposer the organization has a right to choose wether or not girls can play in there "BOY" team.
Posted by Skynet 4 years ago
Skynet
So...I can have sex on your dinner table, then have a protest in your bathroom shower?
Vote Placed by Juris_Naturalis 4 years ago
Juris_Naturalis
Tommy2013mattabetoTied
Reasons for voting decision: You just can't do it. injuries aside, Women aren't of the same physical caliber as men. I don't say that to be sexist, it's just true.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
Tommy2013mattabetoTied
Reasons for voting decision: see comments, not a bad debate.
Vote Placed by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
Tommy2013mattabetoTied
Reasons for voting decision: CVB
Vote Placed by PatriotPerson 4 years ago
PatriotPerson
Tommy2013mattabetoTied
Reasons for voting decision: K