Noswad63
Destran1

Should Gun Control Be Made Stricter In The United States?

Noswad63

Con

Hello, Contender The First Round Shall be about accepting our positions and understanding what each of us are debating for and about. I am Against Stricter Gun Control (Con). And you are for Gun Control (Pro). We shall each debate about Gun Control and we believe about it. Please don't just make things up use honest facts that you either know or have found on the internet. Thanks
Destran1

Pro

I accept the debate, thank you for creating it. Good Luck!
Noswad63

Con

Alright I will begin by saying why I believe gun control should not be installed. First I would like to say that gun control would do nothing to stop criminals. If such a law to ban firearms was put into motion, criminals would not obey it, the only thing it would cause is more trouble. Imagine gangs and criminals with their illegal markets for drugs and other substances then imagine a illegal market for guns also. It would cause more deaths and gun violence than ever. The problem with the United States and all the gun related deaths a year is because of all the gang violence and too many criminals having access to firearms through illegal markets. Now if citizens didn't have firearms to protect themselves with criminals would be free to do as they wish. My father carries a small .357 revolver with him everyday. Why? he owns a business and will protect himself and his business from anyone who attempts to threaten his and his fellow co-workers safety. I am completely for concealed carrying. What if a criminal knew the establishment he was about to rob was armed with adleast one or two gun carrying citizens. I doubt he would proceed with his crime since criminals are cowards who only fight those who have no chance to defend themselves. Imagine if the principal at sandy hook or any teacher for that matter was a concealed carrier. He probably would've stopped the gunman dead in his tracks. Or another problem with the gun violence is police respond time. The average response time for police is 10 minutes. By that time he could have killed half the school and still gotten away. That brings another issue to my mind: blaming the gun. Most people say "guns kill people" which is a completely false statement considering guns are inanimate objects with no free will of their own. It is the misuse of guns by people that kill people. So I propose gun control stays how it is and the government cracks down on gang violence illegal markets and any form of criminal gun smuggling or violence. I eagerly await your response
Destran1

Pro

Destran1 forfeited this round.
Noswad63

Con

Well I really don't have much more to say because there's no argument to reply to. Sooo yeah....
Destran1

Pro

Destran1 forfeited this round.
Noswad63

Con

Adleast Post Something?
Destran1

Pro

Destran1 forfeited this round.
Noswad63

Con

So much for this debate, Vote Con.
Destran1

Pro

Destran1 forfeited this round.