AMcCormack21
NovaLux

Should Hillary Clinton be our next president?

AMcCormack21

Con

This is my first online argument so I am a little unsure of what to expect. Hello fellow debater, I wish you good luck, and a fair fight!

So should Hillary Clinton become the next United States President? I believe she should not. She is by far the second worst candidate, only losing to Bernie Sanders. (Understandably as he is a Communist.) Now although it may appeal to many people that she is a female running for office, may I point out that it is just as sexist to vote FOR her as it is to vote against her? Hopefully people do not consider her gender when they vote next fall, but I cannot be ignorant and assume people do not consider it.

Now to address her faults, Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party in general are held to a double standard when it comes to negative attention. During the Nixon Administration, when the Watergate Scandal arose, Richard Nixon deleted 18.5 minutes of incriminating conversation, later to be discovered and used to force the President's resignation. To save face, the Republican Party was forced to separate itself from Nixon. This was considered to be the greatest scandal in American History, scarring the Republican Party and Nixon alike. But following the Benghazi attacks, in which 4 Americans were killed, Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, after being accused of knowing the attack was imminent, had deleted 19 THOUSAND e-mails regarding a possible attack on the Consulate. This woman caused the deaths of 4 human beings--American Citizens--and is still allowed to run for president, and not held to the same accountability as Richard Nixon, who killed no one.

As far as policies go, Clinton backs tighter control of the Central Government, which goes against EVERY SINGLE line in the US Constitution, the very document in which we based our entire government on. But this point is one that will be split between parties, as the republicans agree, and the democrats believe that our founding fathers were a bunch of backwoods, hemp-growing, anarchists, whose 'silly doodles' we call our Constitution, should be canned.

Thank you for reading this and good luck to my opponent.
NovaLux

Pro

Thanks for the well wishes, and the same to you. As a quick note, make sure to include sources for information or figures you have (19,000 emails).

First, some pros of voting for Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton has leagues of experience- 8 years as a senator, 4 years as Secretary of State, and an extensive law background (1). Knowing the ins and outs of bureaucracy is a necessary skill for commander in chief- they have to know how to get things done, what are the proper procedures, etc. If not, you get a Herbert Hoover lame-duck president who can't act. Her foreign policy experience as Secretary of State should help her deal with trade in China, and the current threat of terrorism.

http://www.biography.com...

Now to respond to a few points my opponent made. I believe it's unfair to say Hillary Clinton "caused" the deaths of four Americans in the Benghazi attack. The government gets thousands of potential terrorist threads every day and can't act on all of them, unless you want a swat team jumping in when you mention the word 'bomb'. What likely happened is there wasn't enough evidence to act on the threat, and so it was tabled (not terribly familiar with the issue).
Just releasing her email records about the event shows some measure of openness and honesty.

As for backing tighter control of the government, it is a valid position that half of America supports, and the constitution contains a clause for enumerated powers given to the federal government. The differences between liberals and republicans aren't so black and white, and just because Hillary is a liberal candidate doesn't mean she's out to rewrite the constitution.
AMcCormack21

Con

AMcCormack21 forfeited this round.
NovaLux

Pro

NovaLux forfeited this round.
AMcCormack21

Con

AMcCormack21 forfeited this round.
NovaLux

Pro

NovaLux forfeited this round.
AMcCormack21

Con

AMcCormack21 forfeited this round.
NovaLux

Pro

NovaLux forfeited this round.
AMcCormack21

Con

AMcCormack21 forfeited this round.
NovaLux

Pro

NovaLux forfeited this round.
Posted by Banks_Own_America 1 year ago
Banks_Own_America
I say vote for none of them. I have yet to hear any of them speak of ending the federal reserve, the private banking corporation that ruins the economy. They only preach about fighting this "War" against ISIS, an Islamic group that doesn't even want war with America to begin with.

And at least our founding fathers were against the private central bank. America was a country that was supposed to be free from debt slavery. This is why they called it "The land of the free." The first American revolution was fought to keep America's independence from the banking cartel, little do people know. Our government just does what the corporations tell them to do. They are not the real leaders of this country.
Posted by AMcCormack21 1 year ago
AMcCormack21
Yes, I agree, 'Communist' has taken on a false role as a 'totalitarian' belief in Government. I do not necessarily mean he is a totalitarian Communist as was the Soviet Union, but more as the Marxist ideology. Which in my opinion would not thrive in our country, as well as the point that it would alter our historical form of government. And if we create a 'level playing field', then 'free trade' will become heavily regulated, which is not what belongs in our economy. If you enjoy heavy regulation, go to the Nordic countries, but as for America, this is the home of the free.
Posted by Trarc 1 year ago
Trarc
It is my duty as a voter to inform you that Bernie Sanders is not a Communist.

"Sanders calls himself a Democratic Socialist, and does not argue when reporters leave out the first word, as they tend to. But in reality, Sanders is less a Democratic Socialist and more a "Social Democrat." The Scandinavian countries that Sanders rightfully praises, such as Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, are Social Democracies. These countries have strong welfare states (another term that has been demonized through dog-whistle politics), which means universal healthcare, free college tuition, a well regulated market, etc. These countries are still very much capitalist societies, just with rules that create a more even playing field."

http://www.salon.com...