SkullBiskit
markuswashere

Should Hillary be put in jail for her Email scandal

markuswashere has forfeited round #2.

SkullBiskit

Pro

I'm currently in a position in the military that deals everyday with sensitive and classified information, such as everything that was included in the deleted emails. If anyone in my position even sent one email with information over the wrong network we could be thrown in jail and stripped of everything we've earned. So my question is this: How could someone of her status get away with something of such proportion while there are 18 year olds in the military that can manage to not spill information without constant assistance or supervision?
markuswashere

Con

Firstly, I am in no way endorsing Mrs. Clinton for any position, nor endorsing any of her opponents.

"How could someone of her status get away with something of such proportion?"

It is a very simple answer. To put a person in jail, we must establish that they committed the act on purpose. If you can prove that Clinton acted in such a way as to intentionally release classified documents in an illegal way, then I will completely concede.

"...while there are 18 year olds in the military that can manage to not spill information without constant assistance or supervision?"

Clinton is obviously not the administrator of her official email account, by any means. To deal with thousands of emails a day takes an office. Intelligence officers are different in that their job is to handle and manage classified files.
SkullBiskit

Pro

"To put a person in jail, we must establish that they committed the act on purpose."

I understand that in writing, that is how the law works, but she didn't even start this whole ordeal out on the right side of the law. According to this article (1) she never had a .gov email that would've already been on a secure network. She instead, used a "private email account housed on her own personal server to conduct her government business" which as far as my job is concerned, has to be okayed by the government and cleared to house and transport any information that is anything above unclassified. Which would mean that she also, by extension or even directly, she is the administrator or has access to the direct administration of her email account and server.

The other point I would like to make is that these emails weren't all over the course of a day or even a week, these were emails that were compiled after years of working for the state department as stated in the article cited at the bottom.

(1) http://www.slate.com...
Posted by markuswashere 7 months ago
markuswashere
I have no idea why the system has forfeited a round for me, my time had not expired. Happy to co-operate.