157IQBetterThanYours
sboss18

Should History Class In Schools Be Abolished?

157IQBetterThanYours has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

157IQBetterThanYours

Pro

I believe history class should be removed because it dwells in past events that either show no relevance in society today or cannot be proven true. As a student myself I have found that I have not needed to know any of such historical information except in class.
sboss18

Con

I thank Pro for starting this debate, but the resolution is quite ludicrous. Past actions influence future ones. If we don't learn from the past, what's stopping us from repeating the same mistakes over and over? Our society would never progress without the use and application of historical knowledge. History helps us understand the world around us, and gives us insight into its origins.

History helps us survive as a species. The following source is specific to world history, but the same arguments can be made for all kinds of history.

Source:

Posted by Doom-Guy-666-1993 1 year ago
Doom-Guy-666-1993
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Churchill.
Posted by Decentdude 1 year ago
Decentdude
Taking away history classes is a terrible idea. If you don't teach kids history they won't learn from it, learning from history is important to keep a society going in a good direction and not repeating mistakes made in the past.
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
@superking75 Looks like it won't matter, my opponent has 10 minutes to post his R2 argument.
Posted by superking75 1 year ago
superking75
I wish i had had this debate.
Posted by usawinseverytime 1 year ago
usawinseverytime
If you even think about removing history from student curriculum, you are pro-dictatorship and probably a communist but most definitely an idiot.