TalkForLife
arthurv

Should Homeschooling be legal in all countries?

TalkForLife

Pro

I do think that homeschooling should be legal in all countries.

For the first round please state why you disagree.
arthurv

Con

well in my opinion they should make it illegal because where do you meet your best friends for life, yes in primary and high school. Social contact for a child and a teenager is so important for their development. Of course some people are getting bullied but for every problem there is a solution and I don't think homeschooling is that solution.
TalkForLife

Pro

Firstly: All I say in this debate is first hand experience as I am home schooled.
Secondly: This is the biggest lie of all homeschooling. We have many outings, socials and activities.
I as a homeschooler have Ice skating for homeschoolers once a month at our local rink, science group on Fridays, and Homeschoolers Shakespeare concert rehearsals on Wednesday. Oh, and Homeschoolers Choir on Thursday afternoon!

At school people are put under peer pressure, bullied, they have their confidence broken and their religions hated.
Is this what you want for your children?

Even if most people disagree with homeschooling that still brings us back to the question of debate? Why shouldn't it be legal? We're not stopping public schools? We're just asking for a chance to take care of our children!

P.S.
A Gr. 3 public school teacher was caught showing her class p*rn! IS THIS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT? Your eight year old daughter watching p*rn?!
arthurv

Con

I am not against home schooling at all but I think for a lot of people this is not good for developing their social skills. like you said you are active in other activities so you can develop your skills in another way but imagine yourself not doing any of this and just have the home schooling i think that you would lack social skills (no offense). Like i said in my opinion you get your best friends out of school. I met my best friend in primary school and he remains my best friend for over 15 years now. I think with home schooling it is not that easy.
TalkForLife

Pro

Still? Why should people then be persecuted for homeschooling. It does not harm the child?
It should be legal. No I disagree, in homeschooling you make amazing friends and the friendship is more special? Why?
Because you have more time to spend together and many other things. I have a best friend, that I met at ice skating more then a year ago. She left the country to go back to her native homeland. Never have I seen such a parting. And our friendship still continues even after her being gone for 6 months now. She's still my best friend. More then 2 of my other friends that go to school had a best friend with "just an intimate relationship" and they too had to leave. After a week they had no more contact with them, they had new best friends. . .
arthurv

Con

arthurv forfeited this round.
TalkForLife

Pro

I have said what I needed to say, my friend either had no time to reply or could not reply.
If it was the first reason, I beg him to say so in the Comment section. If second and he wishes to forfeit the rest of the debate, he may do so. Out of kindness I will speak no more until he speaks.

So to end my speech,

I FORFEIT THIS ROUND
arthurv

Con

arthurv forfeited this round.
TalkForLife

Pro

TalkForLife forfeited this round.
arthurv

Con

arthurv forfeited this round.
Posted by TalkForLife 3 years ago
TalkForLife
@MitchV There are tutors around the world. And I at the age of 12 was doing schoolwork alone.
Posted by MitchV 3 years ago
MitchV
Though it is illegal in many counties, they also make, with little exception, public schooling mandatory. Seeing that they obviously want their children educated, I think the problem is not so much with the rulers but the availability of qualified people to teach in the home. In this country, the U.S., we do have many people who are capable of giving their children a proper education, and better sources for the parents to use. In other countries, there may not be parents that are able to teach their children properly and they may not have access to resources needed to do so. If the country allows home schooling, it would probably be disastrous to their level of education.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
What about countries with no official state school system, or ones where they kill students for having the wrong religious beliefs?