boboismysaviorimajew
alexperez31303

Should Homework And Projects Exist?

alexperez31303

boboismysaviorimajew

Con

Homework and Projects are useless!!! They already cut into our time to much, but homework and projects cause stress!!!
alexperez31303

Pro

Homework ensures that teachers know that children understand the topic. Without homework, children can get lost while learning a certain topic. From personal experience, homework is a good way to try to boost your grade. Without the lower percentage affecting assignments, your whole grade would rely on tests. Projects, on the other hand, rarely happen, and you don't have to stress about it if you manage your time correctly. Homework should exist, because if they didn't, there is a lot of potential that grades could plummet.
boboismysaviorimajew

Con

"Projects Rarely Happen" BULLSH*T!!!! When I was in 7th grade, i had literally 6 projects at once, per week. We already go to school for 8 hours, so why should we have to do extra work? Being home is supposed to be family time, and time meant for going outside, and being active. There's even been a study stating that homework doesn't help with grades and stuff like that.
alexperez31303

Pro

First off, you didn't need to swear, as it was not needed and aggressive. We're having a safe, polite debate. Second, you don't have proof behind anything you're saying. It is totally unrealistic to have 6 projects per week. There is roughly 36 weeks in a school year. So that means you have 900 projects in a school year. If this is not what you meant, then you need to make your points clearer because that is exactly what you said. Third, you don't have 8 hour school days. According to NCES (National Center for Education Statistics) the average school day for public school and catholic school is 6.7 hours. Fourth, you say that "Being home is supposed to be family time, and time meant for going outside, and being active." Being teenagers, you and I both know that most kids don't go outside or spend time with our families when we get home from school. We isolate ourselves with phones and gaming systems. Fifth, and last, you never use the word "like". Every debater knows that using the word "like" makes you sound invalid.

School hour source:
https://nces.ed.gov...
boboismysaviorimajew

Con

I don't know what you're talking about, telling me how long my school day is. (Sorry if that's coming off rude.) I used a Hyperbole when explaining how many projects I got in a week. I actually had 6 Projects at once, once, and it SUCKED. It's true when you say that teens mostly play on their phones and stuff, but some teens have football practice, or sports to do, and projects/homework make everything more stressful. I have days where I'm up at 1 AM doing homework and projects because I have a lot of stuff to do, then I wake up at 6, just to repeat the whole thing. Homework and projects make young life stressful, they don't really help, and make life seem wasted. In 7th grade, I was in depression, because of school. I didn't see a point in life, since we couldn't live it, and I was filled to the brim with projects. All of this homework and projects made me stressed, and were a big part of my depression.
alexperez31303

Pro

So you had 6 projects at once, once. Chances are you'll never have that situation again. I like that you acknowledged the fact that my statement about teenagers are true, and that some teenagers do play sports. But, a vast, vast majority don't. I run cross country and I'm in drama which results in a lot of after school activities. But I always find holes to get my work done during the day. A lot of times at lunch I go to the library and read or do my homework, and get done with it so I don't have to stress after school. Homework helps you with time management skills for the future, along with self-esteem, responsibility and independence according to CNN. I'm sorry that you had depression. You still might have in now, I don't know. But think of this. And anyone else reading this, think about it. A world without homework. You could be totally lost and have a worse grade and start to flunk school, which could lead to a deeper fall into depression. Also, how can you execute no homework across the country? There's no reason to make it illegal, and there's always going to be homework giving teachers. So, there's no possible way to get rid of homework completely. So, resulting with this evidence and logistical thinking, we must conclude that we need homework and projects in our lives.
Vote Placed by zmikecuber 2 months ago
zmikecuber
boboismysaviorimajewalexperez31303Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Didn't read the arguments too closely, but Con cursed pretty quickly and seemed very upset, whereas Pro had better conduct and was more composed. Also Pro used .gov sources, whereas Con didn't use any.