deprenaux
rschapiro

Should Homework Be Given In Schools?

deprenaux

Pro

Homework is an unnecessary tool used by teachers to help education. Homework often backfires and makes people stressed.

Thank you for reading/joining this debate.
rschapiro

Con

The instigator has a valid point. As a student myself, I fully understand how stressful homework can be, if there is a large amount. I do not argue that the approach to giving large amounts of homework is bad. I do think though, it would be beneficial to still have some homework. Homework does help students, in moderation. Doing your homework is a type of studying, making us more prepared for our upcoming assessments. I can only speak of myself, but a light amount of homework at night prepares me for the next school day. Furthermore, Schools should give less homework, but not write off the idea as a whole. We should instead be given an amount of homework that is manageable for our busy schedules.
I look forward to debating further on this topic
deprenaux

Pro

I get your point and understand your point. I would almost agree with your point if I did not have this counterclaim: If homework was taken away, students would still study for tests so that they would not get bad grades. When assigned homework is forced, making students stressed out and think that they are being treated unfairly, you know, waking up, going to school, doing homework, going to bed, going to school once again. When told you have a test coming, you would study better without other homework, wouldn't you?

I know I would.
rschapiro

Con

rschapiro forfeited this round.
deprenaux

Pro

deprenaux forfeited this round.
rschapiro

Con

rschapiro forfeited this round.
deprenaux

Pro

deprenaux forfeited this round.
rschapiro

Con

rschapiro forfeited this round.
deprenaux

Pro

deprenaux forfeited this round.
rschapiro

Con

rschapiro forfeited this round.
Posted by knockinrockin 3 years ago
knockinrockin
As of now, I'm going with the Latter on this Debate. Even so, I'd like to wish both of you good luck regarding this Debate :)