Hunter32
frankfurter50

Should Hunting On Sunday In Maine Be Legal

frankfurter50
Started: 11/13/2017 Category: Sports

Hunter32

Pro

Hunting should be legal on Sundays in Maine because many Maine residents work 5-6 days a week leaving them only the weekend to hunt. It would only be fair to the people who work all week to pay taxes that they can hunt on there days off.
frankfurter50

Con

Hunting on Sunday in Maine should not be legal. While it is a bit ridiculous to halt commerce on a certain day of the week in the name of some archaic religious practice, it's also stupid to hunt. Why, after two million years of human evolution, do we still feel the irrepressible urge to go out and take the life of something? Hunting is the most idiotic pastime I can think of. I'm not against killing domesticated animals-we need to eat, after all- but hunting is beyond comprehension. You go out and kill a deer or something, and it doesn't even taste that good-you just kill it for sheer ecstasy. Hunting is an outlet for people with severe psychological issues. Deer aren't fierce animals, and although they're not too scarce, they could become extinct. Maine, in addition, has a very active ecosystem, due to its coastal location, so killing one deer could affect everything else. It doesn't even have to be deer, killing anything has an impact on something else. Sunday, at least, gives the animals a day to hide from beasts like you. You storm into their natural habitat with a tranquilizer in one hand, and a gun in the other, and you see a deer, and you nab it, and then you go home and eat it. Can't you just be satisfied with hamburgers? That deer probably has kids!

I admit, the work schedule in Maine may be hectic, but can't you find something else to do in your free time? Read a novel, ride a bike, play shooting games at an arcade- there are thousands of ways to spend your days off. Is killing something the only way you can achieve satisfaction? Your obsession with hunting lowers my thoughts about Maine in general. Do you people all hunt deer up there? Are you sick in the head? Don't you care about nature? next thing you know, you'll kill people. It's psychopathic.

Judges, vote carefully. I await your response.
Posted by frankfurter50 7 months ago
frankfurter50
I mean, you didn't see ANYTHING in his arguments that was good? Do I really deserve all 7 points?
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
OK!
I voted!
Posted by frankfurter50 7 months ago
frankfurter50
No, but I'm sure it has a fragile ecosystem that hunting could damage.
Posted by Hunter32 7 months ago
Hunter32
do you even live in maine?
Posted by frankfurter50 7 months ago
frankfurter50
That survey only has one question about hunting.
Posted by Hunter32 7 months ago
Hunter32
okay and there are dear farms and there are wild cows too
Posted by frankfurter50 7 months ago
frankfurter50
Eating a cow is fine because it's domesticated. Eating a deer is inhuman because it's in its natural habitat.

You kill deer because you feel insecure.
Posted by Hunter32 7 months ago
Hunter32
No i dont do you feel remorse eating a hamburger after you eat it or is it okay becuase some one else had to kill it
Posted by frankfurter50 8 months ago
frankfurter50
You don't feel any remorse in killing something that you don't have to?
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Hunter32frankfurter50Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con by default!