NoahMuns
witherpig

Should Hunting be legal

NoahMuns

NoahMuns

Pro

Hunting is an important part of my life. The reason I say this is because I live on a ranch pretty deep in the Rocky Mountains where we raise cattle, chickens, horses, and grow crops. We can't just go to a grocery store every week because the nearest store is a two hour drive away, don't get me wrong we go to the grocery store every once and a while but we mostly obtain our food from our crops, some times our cattle, our chickens, and hunting. Now you may be thinking why we would have to hunt if we have cattle, crops, and chickens, we hunt because the cattle are our main source of income, same with our crops we eat them but we can't live off of vegetables, so we hunt for a lot of our meat. Also the people who think that deer, elk, moose, and other mountain game will become endangered because of hunters don't have to worry because on our ranch you can't even go two miles without running into some sort of elk, deer, and sometimes moose (moose are really dangerous by the way). Also elk, deer, and moose eat our crops and hay we grow for our cattle which doesn't help anyone but the moose, elk or deer. So bear in mind all you anti hunters that some people need to hunt to survive, although I am against poaching and hunting endangered animals, but that's a completely different topic. so leave a comment and a vote and give me a good challenge. Thanks.
witherpig

Con

I believe that hunting for fun should be legal and the only hunting should limited deer and elk, because if we didn't they would over populate but mainly i think hunting for and animal's head or a lot hunting should be illegal.
NoahMuns

Pro

Well yes hunting for fun should be illegal because if your not going to use the animals meat then that's plane wasting. But if your in my situation then you should be aloud to hunt because it really important for me and my family. Yes we use as much of the animal as possible. I don't quiet understand what your saying in you argument though.
witherpig

Con

I understand that hunting is important to you but hunting is making more and more species on the engendered list and for this reason i think hunting is illegal.
NoahMuns

Pro

Yes hunting certain animals like wolves, tigers, and lions is bad but you don't have to worry about elk, deer,and moose going extinct. There are so many of them that if we didn't control the population of them they would start running out into highways way to constantly, and when car hits moose the moose usually survives but the car is totaled. For this reason I think hunting certain animals is good and helps keep a steady balance in the population of large game. Also trail heads and other outdoor parks get most there money from hunters buying there hunting supplies. Now poaching is wrong yes and killing an animal and not using its meat is wrong, but you have to keep in mind some people depend on hunting and if certain animals get to over populated then highway and back roads would be very dangerous places. Thanks for reading this.
witherpig

Con

This is a very tough debate. I agree it is true that animals will overpopulate. A moose is dangerous but is we keep on hunting it will go extinct, that is how the dodo bird was killed, by to much hunting of there species. By hunting we a re taking a gamble, that in which the the bad outweigh the good.
Posted by gorant 2 years ago
gorant
Yes hunting should be legal. But what type of hunting should be legal? Human hunting should be legal over animal hunting.

Animals have also same rights to live on this earth. then who we are to hunt them when they are not hunting humans!!!
Posted by NoahMuns 2 years ago
NoahMuns
A comment
Posted by InfraFred 3 years ago
InfraFred
A tip to both sides: never say "I believe", "in my opinion", etc.. You want factual information and non-personal examples.
Posted by iOS 3 years ago
iOS
I heard proper grammar and spelling are also important.
Just saying.
Vote Placed by ldow2000 2 years ago
ldow2000
NoahMunswitherpigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't bring much to the table.
Vote Placed by Lt.Harris 3 years ago
Lt.Harris
NoahMunswitherpigTied
Reasons for voting decision: CC
Vote Placed by Cin 3 years ago
Cin
NoahMunswitherpigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is tied because both were not vulgar, and were respectful in taking in others opinions.
Vote Placed by Christian_Debater 3 years ago
Christian_Debater
NoahMunswitherpigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is a tie because both were respectful, etc. Spelling and grammar is a tie because both made lots of errors. Convincing arguments definitely goes to Pro. Pro stated how he needs to hunt to survive or technically, he may not have enough money (because if he and his family eat the crops they will eat all their profit). Moreover, Pro stated how certain animals like Moose, etc. would be overpopulated and can cause damage. Pro also states how these animals can destroy his crops by eating them. Con never addressed that issue or stated how they can be scared away, etc. Con does bring up a good point about hunting for sport, as well as hunting for heads is bad. However, in the context of this debate from my understanding and Pro?s opening statement, we are not talking about sport hunting. We are talking about hunting to survive. Therefore, I gave the point to Pro. As for reliable sources, nobody cited anything so it?s a tie.
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
NoahMunswitherpigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro won with his overpopulation argument. Con pretty much just dodged that by responding with his point that some animals should not be hunted, even though Pro never said hunting all animals should be legal.
Vote Placed by Skynet 3 years ago
Skynet
NoahMunswitherpigTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow. I thought I agreed with Pro, but now I don't agree with either. Con did not argue that hunting should be illegal, and Pro mostly agreed with him. Claims made about extinction with no attempt to back them up.