ForThePeople
letrashman

Should Hydrofracking be banned?

Started: 5/22/2014 Category: Economics

ForThePeople

Pro

I believe that hydrofracking should be banned for the people. It harms people in many ways. It can also affect areas that has resident's staying there. We barely have any use for fossil fuel either. People with a lot of money if just to blind to notice this.
letrashman

Con

My opponent didn't say much for round one so I will try to limit myself to few words for round one.

"Should Hydrofracking be banned?"

No. Hydrofracking significantly boosts well production and increases the oil and gas deposits that are economically recoverable. More wells every year rely on alternative recovery which fracking plays a large role in. Fracking provides many high paying jobs, increases economic output, provides additional tax revenues which can help people in other ways. Fracking allows more energy independence for host nations which reduces likelihood of deadly war over these contentious and limited resources. The environmental impact is largely limited geographically not withstanding the overall costs of petroleum on the environment which has become for the time being a very necessary component of our society.
ForThePeople

Pro

ForThePeople forfeited this round.
letrashman

Con

My opponent forfeited his round I'll let him respond first hopefully.
ForThePeople

Pro

ForThePeople forfeited this round.
letrashman

Con

letrashman forfeited this round.
Posted by Jjjohn 3 years ago
Jjjohn
" Fracking provides many high paying jobs, increases economic output, provides additional tax revenues which can help people in other ways. "

Con, it has been shown that fracking pollutes public water supplies and causes earthquakes. these are costs to society. developing new clean water sources is expensive. are you arguing that the benefits outweigh the costs?