Pigzooka
kingslayer2323

Should I Be Exempt From Cleaning Toilets Under My New Religion?

Pigzooka

Pro

Suppose that, at work, I'm a janitor, part of a large janitorial staff cleaning an apartment building. But I have gone home and started a new religion, Janitorism, which states that cleaning toilets is unholy and impure. From now on, cleaning a toilet is equal to aborting a fetus or allowing gay people to get married. Yet my employer insists that I continue to clean toilets. This is against my religion. Why shouldn't I sue?
kingslayer2323

Con

I think you should continue cleaning toilets because of sanitary reasons. Think about it your a janitor your supposed to clean objects. Your should be cleaning the toilet because of that reason. Its your job to clean toilets just like a teacher has to teach and like a engineer has to engineer. There is no such thing as "Janitorism" its just some made up religion to get you out of cleaning toilets. If you told the judge "I cant clean toilets because my new religion "Janitorism" says its unholy and impure." The judge would think you were crazy and/or the judge would think you just made it up to get you out of cleaning toilets. You say cleaning toilets is unholy and impure what about the people that don't have janitors people who have to clean there toilets be them selves? Oh by the way wrong with abortion and gay marriage?
Pigzooka

Pro

Imagine this: You are employed by a cannibal witch to take out her garbage, but one day she wants you to eviscerate an infant. That's the magnitude with which I reject cleaning toilets. Under federal law, I do not have to clean the toilets anyway; I am part of a large janitorial staff that can easily be rearranged (1). You claim that "janitorism" isn't real, but I reject your other religions, as none of them were founded by working men doing real jobs (except Sikhism, but that doesn't count because it includes the word "guru" as a descriptor). They are not real, yet the unholy can claim exemptions because of them, so why can't janitorism, the One True Faith, give me a quick exemption from the part of my job I object to? You also mention sanitation, yet Kim Davis, as marriage clerk, issued no marriage licenses because of religion. I can be employed without working if I cite religion because of the First Amendment! And are you IMPLYING that I would EVER claim that my POLITICAL beliefs were RELIGIOUS ones? INFIDEL, THOU ART UNHOLY INDEED, AND PLUN-JAH, GOD OF TOILETS, SHALL TAKE THEE TO HELL! - Rants 13:37

1: https://www.washingtonpost.com...
kingslayer2323

Con

kingslayer2323 forfeited this round.
Pigzooka

Pro

THE INFIDEL IS AFRAIDETH! FLEE FROM MY ZEALOTRY, YEA, AND FEEL THY TERROR FIERCELY-MUCH! I win.
kingslayer2323

Con

kingslayer2323 forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
I see the satire you're attempting, but you would have to be a politically recognized religion to even begin to make that claim.