Battleratt
Taylor.Gregory

Should I be taxed at a higher percentage because I make more money

Battleratt

Con

Always a fun subject. Round 1 will be used as an acceptance round. Round 2 a presentation of your stance and why. Round 3 will be used to disprove the other persons stance. Round 4 will be a rebuttal. Round 5 will be a closing statement. Good luck!
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

I accept your debate and look forward to your first argument(s).
Battleratt

Con

Hey big thanks to Taylor for getting this ball rolling and accepting my debate, good luck brother.

So lets start off with some initial points.

The first subject I would like to address is that by increasing the percentage at which the "rich" get taxed, this will cause a favorable impact on the "poor" or middle class that make up most of the population, and relieve some of the financial burden they have to endure, which could potentially help them become more financially stable. By taxing those who make more, you are putting a bigger "chunk of the burden" on there shoulders, allowing for a little more room for someone who is not as financially blessed. This is a logical fallacy due to the way our free market economy works. If I make a product, the type does not matter, and I sell this product to make a living, the only way I am going to be able to make a living off of doing what I am doing is to make a profit off of the good or services I am offering. This means that after production, advertisement, and everything else that goes in to it, at the end of the day, my price has to be one that will make me a profit. Taxes are like any other expense that gets worked into this equation. The higher my taxes are, the more I have to offset that in the price of my product. Therefor the people paying for my product (since the majority of Americans fall in the low to middle class bracket we can assume the majority of the buyers will fall in this bracket) will be paying a higher price, to absorb some of my losses. This absorption is one of the reasons why raising or keeping a higher percentage on the rich, doesn't work to accomplish the end task it was meant to accomplish, because in the end it is only hurting the people it was meant to protect. Now in the same way that having a higher tax percentage on the rich, ultimately gets reflected in the price of the product, so to does having a lower, standard tax. The lower the expense to produce, the lower the price of the product, the less the buyer pays. That means you pay less and save money. Now it doesn't stop at just the product price. As a wealthy business owner, if I am taxed less that means I have more money to invest in the growth of my company. With company growth comes more employees, with more employees comes more citizens earning an income and with more citizens earning an income comes, you guessed it, more taxes. This means more money flowing back into the government. See by doing the exact opposite of conventional thinking, we are actually producing a better result for everyone involved. This would also show a substantial decrease in the unemployment rates. So now we have more people with jobs, buying more products putting more money back into more businesses and creating more money and helping the economy grow and prosper. This is a cycle that helps everyone and raises us all up.

I look forward to hearing your rebuttals towards my arguments. Good luck!
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

I feel that a progressive tax on income is a benificial practice as it is a "fairer" taxing system than a flat tax.
Battleratt

Con

Battleratt forfeited this round.
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

Taylor.Gregory forfeited this round.
Battleratt

Con

Battleratt forfeited this round.
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

Taylor.Gregory forfeited this round.
Battleratt

Con

Battleratt forfeited this round.
Taylor.Gregory

Pro

Taylor.Gregory forfeited this round.