Nadoosh
Poiyurt

Should I have a cell Phone?

Poiyurt
Started: 5/22/2014 Category: TV

Nadoosh

Pro

Beacuse we just should!
Poiyurt

Con

Firstly, my opponent's argument is... lackluster, to say the least. No points, nothing. Now, for my points.

My first point is as to whether or not my opponent can be trusted with the cell phone. Seeing as the question suggest that he/she is either a child or adolescent, I point out that children and adolescents are usually quite irresponsible with their phones. In various cases, we see examples of aforementioned individuals racking up high phone bills due to calling their friends, texting, or using mobile data to an excessive degree. I argue that first my opponent must prove that he or she is capable of not misusing the phone, before it can be said that they should possess one.

On my second point, as to its use, I say that there is not as much need for a phone to be supplied. Contact can be achieved with payphones or the loan of someone else's mobile device. While it is possible that the school may require the phone to distribute information, this can be achieved by telling the parents or giving it to the child directly, so there are no uses for the phone beyond leisure.

While these points have been made on the premise that my opponent is in school, I will change my points if he/she informs me otherwise. Please include sufficient rebuttals in the next round, as well as some points of your own.
Nadoosh

Pro

Nadoosh forfeited this round.
Poiyurt

Con

It is quite difficult to respond to a forfeit.
Nadoosh

Pro

Nadoosh forfeited this round.
Poiyurt

Con

See above.
Nadoosh

Pro

Nadoosh forfeited this round.
Poiyurt

Con

Once again, see above.
Posted by Xenoblitzer 2 years ago
Xenoblitzer
It depends how old you are.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
NadooshPoiyurtTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
NadooshPoiyurtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Con. Pro forfeited R2, 3, & 4. This is rarely acceptable conduct in any debate setting. Due to these forfeits, Pro loses conduct points. S & G - Tied. Not much to work with in this regard considering the forfeits by Pro. My compliments to Con though for maintaining proper spelling and grammar. Arguments - Con. As instigator and positioning themselves as Pro, the BOP was failed to be upheld. Pro failed to present any valid arguments throughout the debate. On the flip side, Con presented two arguments and was left standing with those arguments unchallenged. Due to this, and the lack of any rebuttals by Pro, Con wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.