Equality2447
atoy120

Should Israel be a country

Equality2447

Equality2447

Pro

Round 1 is just acceptancec. I will be argueing that Israel should be a country and my opponent will argueing that israel should not be a country.
atoy120

Con

State your case.
Equality2447

Pro

Israel is a legitimate country that should remain a country for these contentions:

1)
Israel is a home land for the Jews, a safe place for Jews so they no Longer have to fear oppression from enemy groups like they have in the past by the Nazis, the egyptians and the Romans. If we people truly crave world peace like we claim to, dosn't make sense to Give one of the most violently oppressed groups a safe haven.

2)
People argue that palestine was removed for the construction of Israel however Palestine was never a country.
The area known as Palestine was British territory taken from the Ottomans during world war 1, if the British should like to build a Jewish home land from their territory who are we to stop them AFTER they have done so.

3)
Israel has always been a country of good:
- They were first to respond to the floods in Haiti, new Zealand and the phipines
- They israelis are always helping oppressed people escape tyrannical goverment like the goverment of communist Libya
- There is too many to list

4)
The Israel's are our only true friend in the middle east and we should reward their loyalty with support their state hood.

5)
The Christians and Jews are strongly bonded and turning on the Jews in Israel could create violence civil unrest between the goverment and the Christians and Jews of the United states
atoy120

Con

Your debate says should Israel be a country. It is. You are trying to debate that it should remain a country. That's the same thing as arguing that America should stay a country.
Equality2447

Pro

I'm supposing you are forfeiting because you failed to attcack my contentions and instead made one general broad assault on the resolution. With a lack of contentions I'm not sure what you plan to do here.
atoy120

Con

atoy120 forfeited this round.
Equality2447

Pro

Equality2447 forfeited this round.
atoy120

Con

atoy120 forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Can we call this debate in pro's favor now?
Posted by zrg4848 3 years ago
zrg4848
@Equality2447
I was surprised to find your argument consisting of actual points on why Israel should remain a nation, let alone that your points made sense, so good job to you sir. I look forward to seeing the rest of your heated debate. On an unrelated note, I like your projected date for total equality, would world peace soon follow?
Posted by jwcmcorbin 3 years ago
jwcmcorbin
Just making sure there was clarity on "Israel remaining a country" vs. "Israel losing 'country' status"
Posted by miketheman1200 3 years ago
miketheman1200
If I wasn't so lazy I would tear the crap out of this.
Posted by AndDontCallMeShirley 3 years ago
AndDontCallMeShirley
jwcmcorbin, that's implied.
Posted by jwcmcorbin 3 years ago
jwcmcorbin
Do you mean Israel should stay as a country? Israel is already a nation...
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
Equality2447atoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Args - CON did not contest PRO's case. S&G - PRO's was not good. Conduct - CON forfeited more than PRO.
Vote Placed by Cheetah 3 years ago
Cheetah
Equality2447atoy120Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con did not refute pro's stance + FF, however, pro made this debate poorly. I advise a more challenging debate next time