Should It Be Illegal To Get Drunk?

CalebIMclean has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

I think it should it be illegal to get drunk? Place your first arrgument. Good luck!!

I am a Christian and yes I don't drink, but there is a reason that drinking is legal. This is because of evil people trying to corrupt the minds of the people with their lies on drinking is great and drinking makes you cool, but every sane person knows that drinking causes many problems. But the choice to either not drink or to drink legally I believe is a test that God allowed to be held up for the strong in faith or any sane person to make. If the right to choose was taken away that would bring contention throughout wherever you are that means that there will be more people that are creating havoc and feuding against the lawmakers. In the Garden of Eden when God created man he could have made it to the point that we don't sin and that we constantly worship Him. But the reason that God gave us a freewill is that he enjoys the praising and the worship through the followers of Him that do it willingly not because they were forced to but because they wanted to.
Posted by CalebIMclean 1 week ago
Yea, but Jesus drank wine and stuff but never got drunk. He said that it is a sin (It is against my rules) to get drunk. By the way, this is a debate on getting DRUNK... not illegal to drink.
Posted by Salladwolf 1 week ago
first of all wine in the greek language meant grape juice not fermented when the Bible was talking about alcohol it called it strong drink.
Posted by David_Debates 1 week ago
Why would God, a person who obviously wants us to abstain from sin, tempt us with alcohol? Why did he actually tell us to drink it (the Last Supper)?
Posted by Salladwolf 1 week ago
no its not that we're not worthy it shows Him how much He means to us by doing what he says not that its a test more that he told us not to so we should obey because he created right and wrong.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 week ago
So... God made alcohol as a test, and if we drink, we're not worthy? I buy the argument, though it could be elaborated on.
Posted by CalebIMclean 2 weeks ago
Sorry was on vacation for a few days.