Should It Be Illegal To Have Divorces?

CalebIMclean has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

I think it should be illegal to have divorces. Post your first argument.

I accept. First, we need definitions.

Illegal: "forbidden by law or statute"

Divorce: "a judicial declaration dissolving a marriage in whole or in part, especially one that releases the marriage partners from all matrimonial obligations." [Usually decided by the husband and/or wife]

I'll start my argument Round 2. Pro's burden is to show that we would benefit from not having any divorces. I have an idea of one of his arguments, and I have my own arguments.
Posted by Lonely-Bird 1 week ago
Illegal to have divorces? If you don't want one, don't have one.

It should not be hard to get a divorce, it should be easy. What should be hard is getting married. This country is amazing in its combination of fairy tale, ungrounded in reality view of love/romance while being supremely hung-up over sex. When it comes to relationships it appears we do not know whether to sh!t or wind our watches. Thus we end up sh!tting on our watches.
Posted by cwt002 1 week ago
Although I do not fully agree with divorce, I do not think it should be illegal. I think it would be better just to make it more difficult rather than convenient.
Posted by TheBenC 1 week ago
Divorce does not exist in the Philippines. That does not make it a better place or relationships better. There are plenty of couples that are separated and/or cheating on each other. They are legally married but have the same exact problems as couples in the US. I cannot think of one benefit to divorce being illegal.
Posted by CalebIMclean 1 week ago
Whoever thinks it is OK is so wrong.