Should It Be Illegal To Smoke?
Debate Rounds (3)
I think it should be illegal to smoke. Place your first argument. Good luck!
Here are some reasons it should be illegal to smoke.
- 90% of lung cancers and the more number of women who die annually from lung cancer than breast cancer
- More than 80% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- It increases the risk of death for men and women
- Increased risk of coronary heart disease by 2 to 4 times
- Increased risk of stroke by 2 to 3 times
- Increased risk of lung cancer for men by 25 times
- Increased risk of lung cancer for women by 25.7 times
- Greater risk of cardiovascular disease
- Greater risk of respiratory disease
That's how bad it is for the people that choose to smoke.
And if smoking is illegal, then people won't have to go through the diseases and deaths.
Well, should we just let them do whatever they want and have people keep dying? Or should we just make it illegal and the instantly need to stop. That will save millions of peoples lives. And there family might even be happy that they need to quit. Imagine all the people in the hospital suffering by their stupid chooses. I say we should make them stop. Plus; it will be better for our environment, how? Because all the people who smoke through the cigarettes on the ground. If we make it illegal, that would stop too.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by RainbowDash52 4 months ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: pro argues that banning smoking would force smokers to stop, but con shows that to be false with the black market argument, so pro's argument is negated. Con's argument that people should do what they want is a reason to be against the ban, and it wasn't completly refuted, so Con has an argument standing and Pro doesn't.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.