Should Kanye West change his name to Jesus Christ

No because he is a d*****e

I will argue that Kanye West should indeed change his name to Jesus Christ, and I think this purely from a moralistic perspective. If you come from the perspective that humans should have the liberty to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, then you should believe that Kayne should indeed change his name to Jesus Christ. He is his own person, and if he wants to do this, he should do this.

If you disregard my argument about individual liberty, then you can take it from a different angle and still arrive at my conclusion. It's evident that Kanye's success and his brand is based around his "bad boy" and "cool" mentality. Kanye doesn't smile in press shots because he says "it wouldn't look as cool" (1). His grumpy face makes him seem tough, and it helps his brand. Many people would consider him changing his name to Jesus Christ as an act of blasphemy, and blasphemy is sometimes considered a sin. This would only make him seem like more of a "bad boy", and he'd only gain in popular.

That completes my argument. The idea is that Kanye should do what Kanye wants to do, and also, changing his name would help his brand. Thank you for debating with me.

Yeah I see your point but he's still an ego crazy d bag

Con has failed to rebuttal my argument, and I will say that it doesn't matter how much of a "d bag" Kanye is. He should do whatever he wants to do.

i completely agree. Anybody can do whatever they want in life within the limits of the law.

Therefore, by your logic and my logic, Kanye should change his name. It will help his brand, and if he wants to do it, he should do it. That's just common sense and freedom.

Vote pro.
Vote Placed by U.n 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con agreed with Pro in the 3rd argument giving Pro the more convincing argument.