Chandler19
JMcBride

Should Kids Get Tattoos

JMcBride

Chandler19

Con

In the 20th century, only rebels and biker gangs had tattoos. Today, one in five Americans have at least one tattoo. However, just because everyone else has one, doesn't mean you should get one. Three reasons you should NOT get a tattoo are they're permanent, it's unsanitary, and most people think they're ugly.
First off, all tattoos are permanent. Whether you get a small Japanese symbol that no one can read or a pair of wings on your back so you can jump off the roof and finally fly, they will be there even after you die. For example, let's say you get your boyfriend or girlfriend 's name. The chances of you still dating next week is slim; but, you still have that tattoo! How are you going to explain that to the guy/girl you actually marry?
Not only are they permanent, but they are also unsanitary. The likelihood the tattoo artist remembered to change needles or wash their hands during a busy workday is not. As a result, you could contract Hepatitis, allergic reactions, various other diseases, or acquire scars.
Finally, most people think they're ugly. Six in ten people think tattoos make a person less attractive. This can range from dates to employers turning their backs and walking out the door. Not everyone lives by the it's-what's-on-the-inside-that-counts thought process.
Here are the facts: once you get a tattoo, it will be there for the rest of your life (unless you want to pay the bill to get it removed), you can contract diseases and have allergic reactions from tattoos, and most people think they're ugly. One tattoo can lead to another until it's an addiction. Treat your body like a temple -- why would you want graffiti on yours?
JMcBride

Pro

Rather than posting my side of tattoos, I will just trash my opponents argument. My opponents first contention is rendered completely moot. According to Maslow's Hierarchy of needs, tattoos fall on the third tier -- belonging. To quote my opponent, "...only rebels and biker gangs had tattoos." Being in a gang allows you to belong to something/someone.
The second contention, which was pitiful, says that tattoo artists do not clean their needles. I know for a fact that needles are bathed in a sulphur-based concoction and pumped with electricity. This contention, too, is useless.
The third contention is based on the opinion of what "ugly" is, so this contention, like all of the others, is useless and pathetic.
Take an english class. Your grammar is bad.
Vote Placed by Mr.Grace 2 years ago
Mr.Grace
Chandler19JMcBrideTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con presented a well developed argument. Although Pro did counter them -- some effectively -- he did not attempt to give a reason why kids should be allowed to have tats... I'm thinking cause he was scared....
Vote Placed by Hawkeye117 2 years ago
Hawkeye117
Chandler19JMcBrideTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with pro its your body and your life you only get one so if you want a tattoo go for it and if people judge you for it who cares its your body why should you care what others think of you for getting a tattoo and for tattoos being ugly what does that have to do with anything if that person likes there tattoo then why should they again care with others think hell when I swear in for the US Army I want to get a tattoo on my upper arm saying property of the us army with the army star if you think that's ugly ok I really don't care and why should you mind your own business and don't be so judgmental.
Vote Placed by Mr.Lincoln 2 years ago
Mr.Lincoln
Chandler19JMcBrideTied
Reasons for voting decision: Cons argument is a lot more convincing
Vote Placed by Luxray2854 2 years ago
Luxray2854
Chandler19JMcBrideTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used incredibly weak debates, but Pro also came off as a bit mean.