Debator3678
He_Needs_Some_Milk_69

Should Kids be allowed to do extreme sports?

Debator3678

Con

This argument is for my English class. I'm looking to see what the people online have to say about the topic. PLEASE be civil as a class of 9th graders will be looking at my argument and the opponents. You are arguing that kids SHOULD be allowed to do extreme sports while I am saying NO! I'm new to this, so I probably will make mistakes!
He_Needs_Some_Milk_69

Pro

First and foremost, you have to define extreme sports.. Many students choose to play extreme sports. They sign a waiver, so that if they get hurt, they can't sue. They should be allowed to play any sport they put their mind to, but accept the fact that they could get hurt.
Debator3678

Con

When someone defines extreme sports, I think of cliff-diving and mountain rock climbing. People who do extreme sports like to escape reality. But what they don't think of when they get the crazed adrenaline rush, is the dangers that are reality. They also don't think of the affects extreme sports have on their body, mind and family. Although they may not sue, their families could, if they die.
He_Needs_Some_Milk_69

Pro

In http://www.familyeducation.com... , it states that most kids who play only hurt themselves from ignorant behavior, such as not wearing proper gear. As most children of extreme ages get hurt, it is more seldom that you would find a head injury, than a broken hand, or foot, ect. Also, adding all of the injuries together more people get hurt in basketball and football than in extreme sports, because more precaution is taken for more extreme sports.

"Although they may not sue, their families could, if they die." Unbelievably, they couldn't. When you sign that waiver saying that the organization or recreation of sports that they have accepted that if their child gets hurt, or even dies, they cannot sue. If they took it to court, the case would be dropped as soon as the signed waiver was shown.
Debator3678

Con

Kids who get hurt ignorantly, should have been reprimanded by their supervisors or parents. Parents/leaders should check that the gear is safe and the gear is in good condition. Although I see your point, I'm not talking about football and basketball as extreme sports. Also, the kids can get long lasting conditions from over exercising such as Tachycardia, which is a condition of the heart, where the heart gets overworked.
He_Needs_Some_Milk_69

Pro

Yes, I see your point when you say " Kids who get hurt ignorantly, should have been reprimanded by their supervisors or parents." , but I think that very few play to get hurt.

" Although I see your point, I'm not talking about football and basketball as extreme sports." I never recalled stating that it was. I stated that more children get hurt in basketball and football as opposed to more extreme sports.

"Also, the kids can get long lasting conditions from over exercising such as Tachycardia, which is a condition of the heart, where the heart gets overworked. " Tachycardia is actually a condition where the heart is abnormally when you are at rest. http://www.mayoclinic.org... states this.

It would be really hard, eliminating sports, no matter the severity.

It was very nice debating with you. Hope to debate against you again.
Posted by Iacov 4 months ago
Iacov
Define extreme sports.