Danmurphy789
persianimmortal

Should LGBT people be condemned (based on a christian view)

Danmurphy789

Con

Tell me what you think. Should LGBT people be condemned for what they can't help? Or how they feel? If you believe they should be condemned to hell, tell me why
persianimmortal

Pro

Hello hello to my dear friend Danmurphy789! I would be more than happy to take this debate. Just a heads up, I will be arguing my position using a logical/common sensical/scientific approach as well as Biblical references to support my stance. Personally, I have objections to LGBT actions as a whole but not I have nothing against the homosexuals themselves because some are absolutely beautiful people. In addition to this, I don't believe they will go to hell or heaven as a spiritually geographical location as most people think, because nobody is predetermined to even end up in such places. I believe that we all go back to God and the hell and heaven that are in the major world religions, are the states of an individual's soul based on the actions they do on this Earth according to the Law they abide by. I hope that this clarifies my stance and I look forward to a great debate.

:)
Danmurphy789

Con

Okay this is like my first debate, I go to a Christian School and we take apologetics next year and I'm just trying to get a head start on everyone else, but I can't win this XD. You're an awesome debater dude! but I forfeit, but I want to ask what do you mean by when heaven and hell are the major world religions? can you tell me?
persianimmortal

Pro

Aww shucks...<3 Naw man, I'm just a guy simply offering what I know and the rest is up to us to dialogue on. But I appreciate the comment, bro :D

What I mean by "Heaven and Hell in major world religions" is the references the Holy Scriptures of God make to represent the end result of a persons soul if they partake in a certain action that may or may not be deemed Law-abiding in the Eyes of God. So Heaven and Hell in as explained in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, the Baha'i Faith and others, is explained in form of Law in order for us to know the do's and the don'ts.

So they are spiritual states of being, based on the actions we do here on Earth rather than geographical locations.

I hope this answers your question :D If not, then I apologize and you can rephrase it anyway you wish haha
Danmurphy789

Con

Danmurphy789 forfeited this round.
persianimmortal

Pro

Well it was nice to talk with you :) Take care and God Bless
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Another argument entirely based any the notin of god existing from the start.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
To SEEK your creator is and HAS always been YOUR responsibility, never someone else? God set before YOU all the evidence you've EVER NEEDED to KNOW His Lordship. YOU have by your own accord, closed your eyes to the truth. Man MUST CHOOSE whom he will serve, God or the devil. The consequences of your actions are rightfully yours.

Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

Romans 1:28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11 For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.

Farewell, WhineyMagiciann5 your blood is on your own hands.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
you still fail to understand that you have not proven it exist yet. until you do, your claims can barely be taken with a grain of salt.
That's Occam's razor for you.
FollowerofChrist1955
I'm sorry, to here about the one you have lost. But Good, Heaven AND Hell, do in fact exist, millions already know it, multiple millions sadly do not. I accept your anger, and cannot and do not hold that against you. I too, before I found out God WAS real, believed as you do. After years of running, I stopped running. A situation came about that forced me down far enough to finally look up.

I cannot lie to you , not even to make you feel better. What IS REAL, is REAL. What is really troubling though? Is that YOU have an opportunity to SAVE those you say you love, rather than allowing THEM to continue in a life based on a FALSE BELIEF, because there IS and exists YOUR God and your belief or unbelief is pointless in the face of the truth of Life. That all mankind SHALL KNEEL AND CONFESS THAT HE S LORD ..... some to Eternal Life, most to Eternal Damnation!

I'm sorry it offends you. BUT the good news? Is that YOU CAN STILL save the ones that ARE still alive. Don't just sit around being bitter, Do something to save those you Love. It only takes 1 to save many. Won't YOU be that 1 in your family?
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
I angry cause you insulted me along with an entire group of people. I honestly see no truth in ANY of your posts, they honestly sound like the ramblings of a madman who is trying to get someone to believe him. again you say I don't care about others salvation is an insult again for explained reasons. you have insulted one of my highest held belief in life, putting others above myself. you say I that I care about only my own salvation, ignoring others. so you think I should just ignore the important people of my life. your thought process is disgusting me.

To you, millions of people ( plenty of which undeserving ) are burning in hell, including the person I was closest to in life.

you hold these ideals which disgust many people besides me, and you can't entirely be sure he exist either.
FollowerofChrist1955
Its okay to be angry with me, I don't mind. Your angry only because I make you FEEL guilty. I know that you can feel the truth behind the things I have said and are reacting from them. You never once asked real questions concerning YOUR salvation, it was always imagined things, just like other Atheist. You ARE a group and as to other Beliefs ..... their not any concern of yours .... you HAVE no belief, consequently just like my neighbor, you don't CARE about them ..... you just wanted something ..... anything to assure your soul that it's not going to enter into Hell at the end of life. Hopefully you'll come around if not? Well then I tried, and just as Ezekiel 3:18 says, your blood is on your OWN hands.

Ezekiel 3:18
When I say to a wicked person, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
The fact that you said god doesn't send us to hell, just prevents from heaven makes it even worse for your case. God knows that hell exist, he knows what satan, and he just lets happen.

You stereotype atheists as a group of people who deny punishment. I could say worse things about christians

They are a group of people withh no respects for others belief, thinking they should be punished for not being the same as them. They are people who think they could get away with anything, as long as they then pray to their imaginary man in the sky.
I dont think these as true, yet they are conclusions that people can come to from observing some people.

Honestly i hae lost respect for you now. In our first argument. You
Seemed nice and knowledgable, just. Little pushy about you beliefs but bearable, now though. You have directly insulted me. I am oficially done with this. You can reply as you like, not caring that i simply have my own beliefs. I will juat pass you off as anorher vice regent.
FollowerofChrist1955
There you go again, thinking from a completely rouge humanistic standpoint. I don't understand, you don't have to go all Indiana Jones, you want to walk away, so walk. You've no right to shout at the wind either, what you do you do with your eyes wide open.
Atheist want to do whatever they want, whenever they want, however many times they want, BUT don't want to be eternally punished in Hell for it. Sorry not gonna happen. Do as you like, but ACCEPT the consequence of the error of your actions gracefully, don't whine about it. Your an unrepentant sinner, so okay fine, go be one, but stop crying over the consequences of YOUR OWN choices.
Stop blaming God for your going to Hell. Can you fall on your own knife and then blame someone Else for your suffering? Neither can you walk the life of an unrepentant sinner and blame anyone Else for your suffering.
That's what sinners do not understand, God doesn't SEND them to Hell? God only prevents Them from going to Heaven. Just as Heaven receives the children of God. Hell receives the children of the devil.

Matthew 25:41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

you carry out your fathers desires:
Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

All who do THESE deserve eterna
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 1 year ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Those amazon people are just an example. Does anyone truly deserve eternal punishment? The only way to deserve such pain is an infinite crime, which is impossible. So this "just" god is giving people eternal pain and torture for what they do not deserve.
The only reason i am an atheist is that no god has been proven, i don't make any claims. The term for this would be "weak atheism", strong atheism is saying no gods exist.

I'd also like ti get this out of the way. You don't have and of vices unlikable traits. I don't know if you have seen him but he is prejudice against ANYONE unlike him. You may get on my nerves at time but everybody i know does at time, i'm very irritable.

The scenario give of the nonchristian who doesn't win and your not supposed to take it realistically. I'm just asking what do you think you god would do? And if he does go to hell, what does that make your god?

Now the point if me not really caring about others salvation. That couldn't be more wrong.
I have always been extremely empathic, to the point that i have cried at others suffering.thing includes friends, family, loved ones, and people i barely know. My life has not been one i would wish onto others. It's not what like what you get in comics and movies, yet i would gladly accept should it spare anyone else from such a life.

The fact that you think i couldn't care less anout others is insulting...
FollowerofChrist1955
(your comment) It is a fact that should be adressed as i have said, a good person should try to save everyone, and accepting him shouldn't count as there is no reason to believe a god that hinges on mans word.

See WhineyMagiciann5 .... excuses.

The person who asked about the people in the Amazon? He was like you .... he could care less about the people of the amazon, it was His and YOUR way of denying that God really exists. His way and YOUR way of trying to convince yourself that your NOT being held accountable for the choices your making in this life, that you WILL pay for at the End of that life!

Point 2: the person who doesn't sin i just a scenario to consider. But is nowhere near impossible. Every human being has a different lifestyle. Meaning over the 10,000+ years humans have been around, it is possible.

Theperson that doesn't sin is fiction and makes as much sense as ....... IF I had wheels wold I be a wagon? It's unreal, not true, will NEVER BE true. It's just another excuse to refuse to believe that God exist!

My question is WHY are you trying sooo Hard. You have the RIGHT to NOT follow Him? just walk away. BUT don't believe for one second that YOUR NOT gonna be held accountable for that choice. As scripture says:

Ezekiel 3:18 When I say to a wicked person, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.

I want you to be saved, but that isn't what I'm here for, I'm fulfilling the scripture ..... I am just warning those who SHOULD listen ..... too Listen is completely up to them!

I'm not vice regent ..... am I? I will answer any REAL question that YOU can relate to. I'm not here for imaginings, fake questions that have no real answers because the dwell in the realm of your mind and have no basis in fact.!