WhiteBeard
TAY10R

Should Marijuana Be Federally Legal?

WhiteBeard

Pro

In regards to legalizing marijuana, many people believe that it should be legal. My opinion on the issue of marijuana is that it SHOULD be legal. This claim is justified by the fact that the Government will be making money of taxing marijuana. I have found that 38% of Americans have admitted to have tried marijuana. This supports my position by showing my opponent that Marijuana has been (quite literally) growing in popularity in the United States, meaning that 38% will be paying tax dollars on it. Inevitably, we must agree that marijuana should be legal because that more and more people are trying it meaning that those people will be paying taxes on it.
TAY10R

Con

Although my opponent makes some strong points, I believe that legalizing marijuana is the wrong decision for facts that override my opponents points. It is said that marijuana will make you feel good and it is not half bad as other hard drugs, but there's a reason that marijuana is called the gateway. They call it the gateway drug because about 35% of marijuana users have after have alcohol addiction, nicotine addiction, and hard drug additions. And we all know that these additions are all very dangerous to your health and society. It is a actual fact that people with these addictions become more violent and aggressive, as do these addictions cause many hazards to your health. In addition, marijuana causes memory losses, and focus is lost, sometimes it takes weeks for these effects to ware of. A study of postal workers said that 55% more have accidents, there are 85% more injuries, and a 75% increase in work absences. To sum it up, marijuana will cause more injuries, deaths, and pose a threat to society.
WhiteBeard

Pro

While my opponent makes some very strong points about cannabis being addictive, unfortunately his information isn"t very reliable. Some argue that cannabis can calm you down and help you sleep. In fact, in an SF Gate article, by David Downs, he cited a quote written by Ethan Russo "The effect on sleep of THC [the main active ingredient in cannabis] administration closely resembles those induced by lithium." For those who don't know lithium is used to help treat bipolar disorder and significantly reduces suicide risk, but can also cause fatigue and dizziness. Cannabis can however relieve dizziness and be a great substitute for lithium! While my opponent makes some very strong points about cannabis being addictive, unfortunately his information isn"t very reliable. For example in an article by Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN chief medical director, says "marijuana leads to dependence in around 9 to 10% of its adult users." Cocaine addicts 20% of its users and heroin addiction addicting 25%. In sum, if we were to make cannabis legal in all the states, the government could be making money off the consumers and helping people sleep while not getting the users addicted.

Sources (First Round)

http://www.gallup.com...

Sources (Second Round)

http://blog.sfgate.com...

http://www.cnn.com...
TAY10R

Con

Although my opponent's argument is strong, my argument is stronger. According to my opponent, 38% of Americans have used weed. My opponent says that people using weed will bring money to the government; whereas my argument is, weed will make a gateway to harder drugs, and alcohol addiction. As I said in my previous argument said, 35% of marijuana users afterwards, obtain an alcohol addiction and will later lead to hard drug addiction. In addition, my opponent said 38% of Americans "have" used marijuana. I'm guessing that a lot of these people are not daily users, probably a lot of them are just people that smoke in once and awhile. So, what is more important, our government, or people's lives and everybody's safety. I think lives matter more than money, therefore I believe marijuana should not be legalized.
Posted by GoOrDin 9 months ago
GoOrDin
weltkaiser. You're a fukking idiot if you think that there isn't a dangerous side to Nicotene addiction. It prevents you from thinking without suffering physical pain in your brain. LOL

try using logic instead of creating haymen and using bigoted debate tactics.
Use your head & tell me it works with clarity.
Posted by Weltkaiser 9 months ago
Weltkaiser
Did the con guy really say a nicotine addiction is dangerous? Please understand that nicotine is a stimulant like caffeine, not a drug.
Posted by GoOrDin 10 months ago
GoOrDin
Tay10R wins. the demography of pot heads have bene illegally sponsoring capitalist, whore-mongering, criminal cartels Crashing our food,cloths,utility,security, media,education economy For decades.
They are delinquents. they are bigoted. They are na"ve asshols. they are womanizers. They are incompetent. and they have proven to in no way benefit anyone, other than to tolerate insubordiance and disrespect which has inhibited and impaired our Countries success.

Am I against weed? No. absolutely Not. DO I hate druggie bigoted asshols, who sponsor capitalist,whormeongering, criminal cartels crashing our economy of food,cloths,utilityes,media and security, WHEN the farmers hate those Capitalist WHoremongerers? Absolutely. I hate tyrannical bigoted youth.

that's a rap. Marijuana should not currently be legal.
Posted by KRTxBallistic 10 months ago
KRTxBallistic
That 38% statistic is 100% false.
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 10 months ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
38%? Any sources for that outragoeus fact? I heard that iceland was the weed consumption capitol of the world, and only 10% of their population smokes weed. That fact is fake.