TJackson2014
AkashOne

Should Marijuana Be Legalize?

TJackson2014

Pro

Yes I believe that Marijuana should be legalized, the reason being is becasue it doesn't do as much harm as alcohol. To me alchohol is a liquid drug used to abuse one another, once people begin to drink they get agressive. But when people smoke marijuana "weed" they just get high and clam, it affects others in various ways but most people just get high and go to sleep. I don't see marijuana as being a "bad drug" I see it as just a "keep clam" drug. I think they should legalize it so that it wouldn't be a crime to hide it from the police.
AkashOne

Con

No absolutely, not. Surely, the statistics are against me. Marijuana has not been associated with any death of any person. Once most people start taking it, they feel a sense of commitment. Unlike other substances such as alcohol or smoking, marijuana is more full-time. First of all, smoking marijuana is associated with short-term memory loss. So, if you have dirty laundry hanging around, probably not a good time to light some. Secondly, it's a very conflicting cycle. You want to quit smoking marijuana, and so you take it thinking "Oh, I'll get off of it soon enough". It breaks relationships and family bonds. Plus, I think the biggest reason is It gives a feeling of invincibility to younger kids. They feel if its okay to smoke marijuana and nothing will happen to you, then it's okay to smoke everything else. Movies tend to capture the essense of how people who take marijuana in movies tend to feel happy, adventurous and save the world and stuff. But reality speaks otherwise. Of course, i have to take into consideration the great medical, and PRACTICAL uses for it. Sure, it saves lives. But, we have to carefully evaluate how that will effect our nation, our children and our environment.
TJackson2014

Pro

It does make people feel a type of way, but at the same time it really doesn't do much harm. Some people have been smoking all their life and nothing has happened to them, I see what you mean by saying it can led to smoking other drugs. But at the same time it can't, people who have common sense will know that marijuana gives off a different effect than any other drug. By it being legalized means that for the people who smoke it illegally can no longer hide it. Of course some people turn to it for a gateway drug, but at the same time others just look at it for fun. To have a good time and to relax themselves from a stressful day, irritation, and etc. I think that if it was legalized it would honestly bring down some crime rates, because people won't drink as often as they do they would just smoke and stay clam. Drinking comes with mood changes and aggravation. When smoking comes with becoming tired, or sleepy and hungry.
AkashOne

Con

I see your concern. In fact, I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with legalization of marijuana, IF EVERYONE WHO TOOK IT WERE ACTUALLY CALM. Unfortunately, not many younger kids are. And, to keep in mind, the younger generation are the ones more likely to start and become addicted at a young age. This takes a great toll on their mind, and they can't 'calmly' handle it like older adults. Drug-related arrests have skyrocketed in the recent years. How would this affect our children, who would be prone to second-hand smoking everywhere? Also, what about when you're driving 'high', which is likely as worse than driving drunk. Stoned drivers pose a very hazardous sitation for everyone else, and themselves. Marijuana is also very hard to detect under drug tests, and so, people would just get off easy, and the next thing you know, there's an accident. Also, there would be so much exposure. Public places and, even schools and homes would get exposed to an adult smoking marijuana. Would you like your kids to ask you "Hey, dad can I try some?" My concluding debate is that Marijuana could possibly serve as a stepping stone to legalization of every other drug too. You'll have hard-core marijuana users advocating legalization of cocaine, meth and other drugs. And, eventually these drugs will get accepted. And we all know how EASY it is to get an over the counter drug. So, in conclusion, while Marijuana can be a calm, profitable drug, it is just as bad to legalize it.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
The prohibition of marijuana is fueled by dogmatic political ignorance. It is not a public safety concern nor a significant health risk. Prohibition is far more irresponsible than taking Bong rips.. if you ask me!
Posted by jhani 2 years ago
jhani
Yes I believe marijuana should be legalized. How many people do you know died from marijuana? It is not harmful. They even use it as a medical treatment! That is how you know it is good ,they are using it as treatment for cancer. Marijuana was not MAN MADE like cocaine,heroine,meth or ANY OTHER DRUG. It is a plant from earth,God put it here for us! God will never steer us humans wrong,he will never provide with us the unnecessary! Alcohol is even more harmful,alcohol will turn you into a drunk maniac and marijuana will keep you calm. I find that more car accidents happen over drunk drivers and those accidents cause death! I have made my point! Ganja.... Its the healing of the nation!
Vote Placed by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
TJackson2014AkashOneTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to convince me that marijuana should be illegal. However pro could have done a better job at defending his position. I think this should have been 5 rounds. I will say it is pretty obvious that marijuana should be legal!