iTakeIt
Colin_Conway

Should Mature Video Games Only Be For 18+ Year Olds?

Started: 3/11/2015 Category: Games

iTakeIt

Con

You Will Be Pro (For This) Of You Accept.
Please Leave A Good Reason For It, And Not A Copy And Paste One.
Colin_Conway

Pro

Some of my fondest memories growing up was playing video games. I would remember inviting my girlfriend over and burning some draps while destroying some people on first person shooters i.e. cod. And although it sounds like positive memories, because I was playing cod, and I was such a master at it and was one of the highest ranking people in the game, I really wanted to join the army. When I became 18 I joined. It was hell! I had skipped 2 grades of school and I got my bachelor of music a few years later, but I almost died fighting for my country. Violent video games have negative effects on people that don't understand how it works, and if video games were meant for 18 + I may not a have joined the army, and may not have been traumatized for the rest of my life.
iTakeIt

Con

Kids Should Be Allowed To Play Mature (18+) Video Games.
Kids will get the expireience of what excitement feels like and get the action too.
It will also help kids choose what they want to be in the future.
I also think 18+ year olds are making games not fun.
They will swear, make fun of, and harass other players.
It's not fun when 18+ year olds do that to ruin the game.
So this is why I think kids SHOULD be allowed to play 18+ games.
Colin_Conway

Pro

Do you hear yourself right now? Not to be offensive but if you took out the swearing and harassment brought to the gaming world, I think a lot of joy would be taken out of the game. It would be filled simply with these people that are always kind, never try to do something cool or humorous and for what? To not offend the little kids? That's probably a good thing! Kids under 18 don't need to see that sort of violence! They can play all sorts of other games that don't require 18 + i.e. Star Wars Battlefront II. The game is teen and just as fun a game as any of the others, just less violence and more suitable for kids that are younger. Violent games can be extremely deteriorating to the human brain if one gets addicted, but most of the negative effects will come from the actual viewing of death and perhaps incite the thought that killing is okay. Although not every is stupid and will say things like "I don't care, I'm not affected" but that's not always true, and can bring forth the worst in people.
iTakeIt

Con

Yes that is true,
But kids ARE the reason usually teens swear.
So without kids playing 18+ games would be taking the joy out too.
Teens usually only swear at little kids in the game.
And like you said,
Without the swearing and harassment,
There would be no joy!
Only little is when adults swear at adults.
Also,
18+ year olds hack the game.
RARELY will ever a kid do that.
Hacking always ruins a game for everyone.
So, I say again
Kids should be allowed to play 18+ games.
Colin_Conway

Pro

Colin_Conway forfeited this round.
iTakeIt

Con

iTakeIt forfeited this round.
Colin_Conway

Pro

Colin_Conway forfeited this round.
Posted by Colin_Conway 2 years ago
Colin_Conway
Also for many young minds violent video games with nudity or bad words can have a very negative effect on their demeanor and manors. Kids in this day and age actually are growing to become very pest-like which is from a mixture of internet exposure and violent video games (which can be found on the internet)
Posted by Colin_Conway 2 years ago
Colin_Conway
Honestly? I realize that perhaps to some it may strange that I joined the army because of cod but that's all it took. I just wanted to call in harriers and snipe all day, but in the end the world doesn't work that way. I joined simply for the amusement although unfortunately I have now regretted for many years.
Posted by endermend 2 years ago
endermend
Well I believe if violent games were made 18+ kids parents would still buy it for them or they would just simply buy it offline. I don't see how video games made you join the Army, they are highly unrealistic
Posted by provideoman123 2 years ago
provideoman123
Ok. Looks like another debate between two extremely smart people. I'll have you know that I am the best video game player and also the smartest between us. You are nothing but a guy with a stupid attitude. Mr. Conway, we'll see who's the real man at the next drap-burning.