Talerk5
TrueJustice

Should Middle/High Schools that start at 7:30 be moved to 8:30?

Talerk5

Con

Should Middle/High Schools that start at 7:30 be moved up an hour to 8:30???

Now here are some rule ;)
1. 2 rounds of arguments
2. 1st (2nd round see rule 5) round ONLY uses personable opinions and interests and then 2nd (3rd round) round can use actual facts (make it more interesting :D)
3. Have fun
4. Must argue in a time frame of 72 hours
5. 1st round is a "get to know opponent section the real deal starts at round 2.

And also just for public I am a Middle Schooler myself and you may think I only want to go against people my size but I will go against anyone just for fun. And if you have tips for me please tell I will be in your debt! ;)
TrueJustice

Pro

Hi I accept your challenge as the affirmative side of the resolution in whether or not middle and or high schools should start at 8:30 not 7:30.

since this is just a get to know. I am a senior at Sachse high school and I am also the captain of our debate team. I like to debate simply because its fun and i always learn something so i am sure i will learn something from you. I look forward in the next round to observe your skills in the awesome game we call debate :) Good luck!
Talerk5

Con

Ok so let's Begin!!!

First off Middle/High School needs to stay on this schedule. The first reason is free time, yes we all love free time and if this new rule comes into play then many of us will lose a whole hour of free time. I know an hour may not sound much to people but for most students an hour means a LOT!!! It means you have that extra hour to do your homework that extra hour to hang out at your friends, that extra hour to flirt with a girl (boy if your a girl) and that extra hour to do whatever you do in you evenings. If school lets out at 3:30 (like me) then we will lose all those nice little treats. And then many of the grades of our students will go down because they don't have enough time to their homework. And then the WHOLE process starts over, they will complain for a later start time so they can start up on getting better grades and then they will go to bed later than usual and then complain AGAIN!!

Now we also have to take in confederation of the transportation. At my school once the Middle/High school students they then pick up all the Elementary kids. What will happen to them will they take our place of going to school at 7 in the morning??? That to them will be disastrous. They (if it happens to them) too no doubt about it will complain to the principle and teachers they need the 8:30 start time and that will start a huge debate of who should get that start time and will get us off track of our actual American Dream. And transportation (not going to forget them now) will have to adjust to the ever changing schedule that the school boards will cause. And that will be not very nice to them, rembering a route that will just be changed in a year!

That is all I have too say right now and I am glad that my opponent has taking me on this and I wish you luck :)
TrueJustice

Pro

first let me say thank you to my opponent i wish the same for you as well
ON to business now
In my opponents first argument he talks about how time is precious and his main point was that this time will be wasted with losing a valuable hour at the end of the day to do homework or the other activities my opponent mentioned. But this is not a valid argument seeing how that same hour is provided before school. That free time to do the activities mentioned can be done before school starts.

On my opponents second argument was transportation. If elementary schools get out before middle and high schools elementary schools can not get home or have adult supervision for that matter. but if we looking to that situation my opponents suggestion of making elementary schools have the same time of ending as the others or thirty minutes later would solve that problem easily.

Now my opponent has not provided any valid points that would show the problem of making the resolution apart of legislation so for the very reason that my opponent doesnt show bad effects of having the resolution confirmed and complete shows that not only my side is the winner but we ought to make legislation or schedule such as this.
Thank You!
Talerk5

Con

Story for the VERY late reply school projects are kicking into high gear lol...

As my opponent said an hour may not sound much but if you add up how many hours in a school yer then it is roughly about an extra 231 hours to your life which is very nice and that is what counts as Starbucks put it Life's short stay awake for it! And that is what I'm fighting for

As for transportation, that is the only roadblock for my opponent has to face in order to get this through. Because if the change happens the scheduale would be all out of whack and not many people can keep up with the change.

And this one is for the teachers, what would it be like to gain about 2 hours to you lr average work and don't get a pay raise? Bad, probably and you will probably won't see your family for very long at night's. And if the school start time changes then that will be the outcome.

I wish my opponent luck on his debate:)
TrueJustice

Pro

First My opponent wisely changes my words in saying that i am not valuing time yet he misses the very point that i said that the hour would be reserved for the morning time whether it is used for homework, studying, or sleeping. Let this very argument be moved across the debate as a voter which i will list as a reminder in the end of my speech.

The next thing you the judges should observe is my solution for transportation. he says that this is the only factor that i am facing being on the pro side yet he misses the very point that i solve it in the second speech i show how scheduling can be rearranged. according to New York Times, we see that some school districts have elementary school end thirty minutes after middle and high school campuses. while on the other hand in my opponents second speech he goes off of speculation and does not provide any data what so ever in order to help value his side of the resolution that being said you must vote for me. there is no need for a pay raise if the entire schedule is reorganized.
SO LETS LOOK AT ALL THE VOTERS FOR THE PRO SIDE:
1) my opponent doesn't go by his rules by not providing any data or evidence in his second speech while on the other hand i have provided evidence from New York Times.
2)My opponent has not made any valid points in the second speech.
3) My opponent has not attacked my counterarguments to the detail so he has made invalid statements that should not be voted for.
4) My opponent brings in a new argument that has nothing to do with the resolution.
FOR ALL OF THESE REASONS VOTE FOR ME!
Posted by Talerk5 4 years ago
Talerk5
lololololololololololololololololololololololololol
Posted by stubs 4 years ago
stubs
heres a tip: never use a "(;" again...
Posted by Talerk5 4 years ago
Talerk5
Story about that didn't notice
Posted by Korashk 4 years ago
Korashk
I'm not complaining, I'd have accepted the debate. I was just wondering.
Posted by Talerk5 4 years ago
Talerk5
Kk will do and also for the personal round question I didn't knew that it will be part of the debate and I am sorry for that I will make sure I don't do that agian
Thanks
Talerk5
Posted by Korashk 4 years ago
Korashk
Why did you challenge me and then rescind the challenge in favor of an open debate?
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
Can't accept because of rank.
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
lol
Posted by Apollo.11 4 years ago
Apollo.11
I would take this if I can forfeit the subjective round and hope my factual arguments make up for it.
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
Tip: don't limit people to debating only personal opinions in round 2. Either that or flip personal opinion round with the objective fact round.