edog2001
DiabeticPikachu

Should Minecraft be allowed in school?

Started: 11/5/2013 Category: Games

edog2001

Pro

Should the game Minecraft be allowed in school? If so should it be for educational purposes only.
DiabeticPikachu

Con

Me being a pro gamer and I do not agree that minecraft should be allowed at school(Im 14 so I know how it feels). I also do not hate on MC (I was loyal since its first steps, creative). Minecraft is like a drug and it will take school time for school work. And It will cause distracted students.
edog2001

Pro

It should be allowed because it could be used for math, or an engineering class because it has the geometrical shapes and the strains of building in different weather.
DiabeticPikachu

Con

I was hoping for a little more substance from my opposer.

But according to your statements you declare that Minecraft will be helpful in engineering?

All right then.

Lets start with your "building in different weather" argument.

a. Minecraft's weather does not effect anything except the luminosity of the overworld, thus it does not cause any realistic strains at all.

b. Building in Minecraft is 100% different from building in real life my good sir. making your argument also invalid.

Explain to me how MC helps with Math? I do not understand.

Minecraft does NOT have the geometric shapes in real engineering. Only 1x1m cubes...

I hope to a good Debate my friend!
edog2001

Pro

The part about the strains of weather is true. They're will be the occasional rain fall, and every once in a while a lightning storm will occur.
DiabeticPikachu

Con

DiabeticPikachu forfeited this round.
Posted by SpiketheMuffin 3 years ago
SpiketheMuffin
Minecraft barely can be used for math. You know redstone? And how those really smart people make really complicated stuff out of that red dust? It's all math. Look up Boolean algebra. Or look up logic tables in minecraft.
Posted by Djgerbs13 3 years ago
Djgerbs13
I am interested in seeing how this debate plays out! Love the game, but not sure what side I am on yet
Posted by RKC2001 3 years ago
RKC2001
Ok.... I'm a girl. Hey accept my debate challenge!
Posted by edog2001 3 years ago
edog2001
I don't know
Posted by RKC2001 3 years ago
RKC2001
O_O wut now
Posted by edog2001 3 years ago
edog2001
So was I!
Posted by RKC2001 3 years ago
RKC2001
Of corse I love minecraft, I was an enderman for Halloween! There is just no proof that minecraft is an actual tool for school! Minecraft doesn't explain how chain reactions work. If it could explain, then yes. Kids will,probably use minecraft for educational purposes... I know I wouldnt😊 but how is it educational.
Posted by edog2001 3 years ago
edog2001
Do you even like Minecraft?
Posted by edog2001 3 years ago
edog2001
Do you even like Minecraft?
Posted by edog2001 3 years ago
edog2001
Give me some details on why you think Minecraft is a no no.
And then I will give you details on why I like Minecraft.