Ranting_All_Day
RepublicansvLiberals

Should Minimum Wage Be Raised

Ranting_All_Day has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/16/2017 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Ranting_All_Day

Pro

Honestly, so many people are going bankrupt and are losing their houses with their families along with them, if we raise minimum wage then the money will be equal, it doesn't have to skyrocket, just maybe by like $1.5 - 2.0 then people would be in a more happy mood. you also have to think who this money is going to, for example teachers get paid minimum wage and they have to teach our future geniuses and they should get paid more, or even your own family, how would you like being kicked out of your own house then whatever you use to argue against me right now would effect you?
RepublicansvLiberals

Con

Minimum Wage should not be raised simply because I believe that one should be qualified to have a high standard of minimum wage. What do I mean by qualified? Well it should be for families on low-income housing, drug-tested, and also on a government funded program. Those are the ones that deserve the Minimum wage to be raised. Now you if you want it raised for the entire country, that makes no sense. Especially those with fashionable lifestyles who don't even know what being broke ever was.
Posted by Wisecracker 1 year ago
Wisecracker
personally, the Minimum wage will have 0 effects on anything. If we raise the minimum wage guess what the companies surrounding us are going to raise their prices. Which is only going to make America in more debt. Because now we have to print double the money we have before. In fact, this would result into a horrible travesty of inflation. Therefore I do not qualify, but I believe minimum wage has little to no effect on our government at all. This argument also show a lack of effort. neither had sources or even valid points. I mean con had a better defense but even then I find this argument to be boring and should be taken off
Posted by Gregg_Hyde 1 year ago
Gregg_Hyde
Fix the problem, government intervention, not the effects of the problem.