sandesh
Mister_Man

Should Mobile phones be allowed within classrooms?

Mister_Man

sandesh

Pro

Yes it must be allowed as parents can track their students.
Mister_Man

Con

Hey, thanks for making this debate, it's a good topic to discuss.

Considering there are only three rounds, I'll bring up a couple points real quick.

Firstly addressing yours - Parents have many ways of "tracking" their children if they're in a class room. They can call the school, ask for the child, call the classroom, even call their child's' cell phone if a staff member is in possession of it. So tracking the students can be done several other ways other than through a cell phone.

The main point, as I'm sure everyone knows, cell phones can be distracting. I don't know how many kids I saw on their phones in class while I was in high school. This leads to not properly and fully learning the curriculum taught in that class, as a lot of their attention (if not all) is devoted to something obviously other than learning the subject.

Cell phones also are (obviously) ways of communicating with others, and a lot of the time could be another person in the same school, or even the same class, so not only is the student distracting them self, but they are most likely distracting other student(s), taking away from their learning experience also.

They also distract the teacher, and other students who aren't on their cell phones, and if they distract the teacher, it literally takes away from everyone's learning experience, as a lot of the time the teacher has to stop class to ask the student to put their phone away.

I think I'll only bring up how distracting it is in my first round, so I can hear your arguments in the next and hopefully be able to dispute them!

So to sum it up - There are other ways of finding out where your child is, or contacting your child, if you need to do so. Cell phones are very distracting, to the person using the phone, to the people they're communicated with, and to (possibly) the entire classroom, and can take away from the possible knowledge gained from school.

Thanks again for starting this debate!
sandesh

Pro

sandesh forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Con

Kind of glad you forfeited, I've got too much stuff to do and too many current debates, so.... thanks. But still, try harder lol.
sandesh

Pro

sandesh forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Con

Well then. Have a good day sir.
Vote Placed by jyotipatel 2 years ago
jyotipatel
sandeshMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff..
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
sandeshMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture