dennisf
Spartan9876

Should Muslims be Banned from Entering the USA

dennisf

Pro

1 Acceptance
2 Case
3 Rebuttal
4 Defence
5 Extra comments

Maybe the best debater win
Spartan9876

Con

I accept the challenge to debate on the side of "Muslims should not be banned from entering the United States of America."
dennisf

Pro

Approximately 63 million to 287 million Muslims support ISIS in only 11 countries.

As ISIS is currently a big problem the USA is dealing with, this number is terrifyingly large. With only a Muslim population of 16 million, these numbers are far larger. In the wake of deadly terrorist attacks from ISIS, Donald Trump's plan doesn't seem as radical as many people think.

If no new Muslims are coming in from areas where ISIS occupies, then the chance of another attack is reduced greatly.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com...
Spartan9876

Con

First, the word "support" was not in the article. The article used the term "favourable"; now what does this term mean? When X is favourable to Y, does X support Y unwavering? No, the word favourably means that there is a common interest.
For example, many Pakistanis view the Afghan Taliban as favourable due to their fight against the hegemon, but they dislike the Pakistan Taliban.

Second, the numbers you supplied, how does one calculate that? You need to essentially talk to all 287 million Muslims to get their opinion, which I can assure you, the newspaper did not do, and nor did anyone else.

Third, ISIL's objective is to create a Christianity v Muslim dichotomy; if they can create such narrative, they will have a much easier time proving to Muslims that a crusade is being waged. By closing off one's borders to Muslims' in plight, you are essentially verifying that dichotomy.

Fourth, Let us say 500 000 refugees from Syria enter the United States and let us say 10 of them are ISIL members. Said group of 10 then commit a terrorist attack in New York; is it justified to deport or halt any new refugees just because 10 of them became rotten? Hell no. These are human lives, you do not leave thousands of people in danger just because a tiny minority may hurt you. That is morally wrong.
If a man came to my door at night; he was shivering, bloodied, crying, and starving, my first priority is to open my door and provide him shelter. My safety does not stop me from doing this. This is another human being just like you and just like me.

Fifth, the USA has a responsibility to these civilians. The USA has no right going into countries, funding militia groups, and leading the country to collapse. The USA funded ISIL, they funded Al Nursa, etc. It is not right that the USA contributes to the destruction of a nation and not also toward its reconstruction and humanitarian assistance towards its people.
dennisf

Pro

dennisf forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Con

What we must remember is that America created the very instability in the Middle East. The invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq; the overthrow of Iran's government whereby they put in a very dictatorial Shah that led to the Iranian revolution, the maintenance of dictators, etc. Now that people are fleeing for the instability, you cannot back down and say "I helped cause this, but I wont help them." These people are human beings just like you and just like me.
dennisf

Pro

dennisf forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Con

Read my above comments.
dennisf

Pro

dennisf forfeited this round.
Spartan9876

Con

Spartan9876 forfeited this round.
Posted by PTW 1 year ago
PTW
I imagine the native Americans would have liked this choice before the Europeans invaded their lands!!!!.
Posted by Quadrunner 1 year ago
Quadrunner
After getting past the great moral implications we'd have to deal with somehow, how could we possibly stop brainwashed terrorists who are already deceitful from lying about their religion? I'm missing something here. I mean you should start with practical part since its simpler and then figure out how it could ever come to be.