Beasterrr50
Colos

Should NAFTA Be Abolished

Beasterrr50 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Beasterrr50

Pro

I believe that NAFTA was the WORST trade deal made in American history! It needs to go because t has killed American industry and has caused places like Detroit which was at one time a booming city, to go to hell! Let's kill NAFTA and get American industry back!
Colos

Con

The North American Free Trade Agreement has promoted and promotes trade growth. Not only does it remove unnecessary tariffs so that North America can trade freely, it helps the three countries to have an understanding of each other and to decrease the unemployment rate in Mexico, thus eventually decreasing the welfare the U.S. pays. While I concede that there are negative affects regarding the loss of blue collar jobs to places like Mexico and pollution (although there is pollution wherever there is manufacturing), this only has come about because of Mexico's loose regulations. Were the U.S. to pressure them to tighten their grip on their economy and increase minimum wage to, say, 150 pesos an hour, this would quickly change. However, I am now dealing in the theoretical, so I invite you to provide your argument.