AGuy101
JOHNCENA1738

Should NY ban guns for the WHOLE state

AGuy101

Con

NY is a prime example of a state run by the majority of the population making all the decisions from the big cities without the input of the smaller towns. They live a different lifestyle and that is fine, but they should not try to limit something that they do not understand. Some people depend on guns as a way to live (hunting) or for sport. What I propose is that people in the city should not be allowed to own anything larger than a small defense pistol, while in the country, people should be allowed more freedom in what they may shoot to a certain extent. This is the case as there are more homicides of all types in the city.
JOHNCENA1738

Pro

Thank you for creating this debate and I hope that it can be educational and beneficial. However I do not understand your stand on the subject? First you say that guns should not be banned, and then you say that small handguns should be allowed in N.Y city but that is it. The title states "Should NY ban guns for the WHOLE state" not "Should NY ban large guns for the WHOLE state". Since I am Pro I will debate that guns should not be allowed at all. First I will point out the flaw in your argument that large guns should be legal in the rural country of New York. If large guns are allowed in the country and not in the city, then the black market will just bring in guns from the country into the city. Also, think of the decrease in homicide if guns were banned from New York!

Check out this source from the New York post that shows the rise of shootings in New York city: http://nypost.com...

And just for later argument:
Ban- officially or legally prohibit.
Whole- all of; entire.
guns- a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
AGuy101

Con

AGuy101 forfeited this round.
JOHNCENA1738

Pro

JOHNCENA1738 forfeited this round.
AGuy101

Con

AGuy101 forfeited this round.
JOHNCENA1738

Pro

JOHNCENA1738 forfeited this round.