xxlexx16
judaism

Should Nazi War Criminals Be Prosecuted?

xxlexx16 has forfeited round #2.

xxlexx16

Con

For my English Honors II class, we're having a debate based on a topic in a book we just recently read a novel by Jodi Picoult, The Storyteller. It's basically another Holocaust experience-based book, but it also includes more modern day subjects. The majority ends up being about prosecuting Nazi War Criminals, although it's modern day. I'm on the Con side for this topic in the debate, and was wondering if anybody had good rebuttals against the Pro side, or examples I could use for the Con side's research? In my personal opinion, I am against the modern day prosecution of Nazi War Criminals. Yes, a crime is a crime and a murderer is a murderer, but think about how OLD these war criminals actually are nowadays. I mean, they're mostly all over 90 years old. Most elders can't function completely by themselves by that age (no offense to anybody). How do you expect them to commit more Nazi War Crimes at 90?!
judaism

Pro

You asked: Should Nazi War Criminals be Prosecuted?

Of course! OF COURSE!

Though no members of my family suffered through the Holocaust, it was a terrible atrocity in our history - 6 million dead. Just think of that number. . . its a number most of us can't even picture in our head, yet it happened. . . no matter what the deniers say, it damn well happened. Now imagine, for a second, that you're in one of those cars. . . with each minute, you're getting closer and closer to the Nazi death camp where likely, you won't survive. Your mother is besides you, she grabs your hand as the train comes to a halt, and the Nazis, dressed in their usual unfriendly outfits, approach you. They then separate the strong from the weak, the males from the females. . . yes, you survived the Shoah. . . but you never saw your mother again.

Now, if you could do anything, and I truly mean anything in the world, would you not go back in time and murder all those scum? Would you not want to judge those who were responsible? And now you, after seventy some years later, claim that we should not hold those monsters accountable for their filthy actions! I'm sorry, but that's like saying Hitler should get off scot free too.

Just recently, I bought a book by a professor, the title is called "Hitler's Willing Executioners" by Daniel Jonah Goldhagen. Do you know what its about? It's about the history of the Holocaust, but this time it isn't told from the perspective of innocent rabbis, but the perpetrators themselves. . . supposedly (I haven't read it all through yet), the book claims to be an accurate depiction of why these Germans committed the crimes that they did, and according to the authors research. . . those people didn't do it out of fear, or patriotism, or orders. . . they did it out of pure anti-Semitism. That's your reason why they killed 6 million people, and 40 million others as a result of World War Two. Are you now saying we should commend their memory, the Nazis? That we should forgive them because their 90 years old!

Lastly, do you think those monsters, who you claim we should just forgive and offer no penalties, thought twice when it came to Jews who were up in age? Do you really think they gave a damn about it!

I'm sorry that your class has to go through this discussion, because honestly, such a thing shouldn't even be debated in the first place because when you do so, you're slapping all those innocent victims in the face. Those victims occupied the ages between 90 to 1 years old. The Nazis murdered children too you know, or are you going to say that's okay too?

I just want to ask you one question: What are you expecting from this debate anyway? Do you really think you're going to convince me, and others, that the Nazis shouldn't be punished for their atrocities?
Posted by mosc 1 week ago
mosc
Bunk. The right wing represents the Conservative view point. That the foundation of American government stands upon the Constitution.
Posted by judaism 1 week ago
judaism
The rich exploit. Remember how they got rid of unions? How did they do it, how do the 1% rich get the poor to vote for them? Manipulation. Vote for "the right to work!" and all those dummies out there fell for it, now, there aren't more unions to protect them.
Posted by asta 1 week ago
asta
As someone who is fiscally far right, here is my rebuttal:

"The Right wing's all about killing people off when they get old, and collecting their taxes for the extreme rich when they're young."

The Right wing is about defending fiscal liberties. If you want to be as rich as Steve Jobs, do what he did to get to where he is today. They also don't like taxes for all people. They aren't giving money to the rich, rather they are taking less money from the rich than the fiscal leftists. My tax plan is https://docs.google.com....
Posted by judaism 1 week ago
judaism
This guy says I'm a moron, yet he still debates me! Good! I accept! Thank you for summarizing though.
Posted by mosc 2 weeks ago
mosc
Egotistical moron - he begins his preaching with the word """""I""""".
Posted by mosc 2 weeks ago
mosc
Don't confuse me with the facts I worship Rambam as god.
Posted by judaism 2 weeks ago
judaism
I don't got the time to argue nor read all this. You're not a Socialist, we get it. Work hard, and at the end, there's no money in the Fed left, we're sorry. You die. That's what you want, right? The Right wing's all about killing people off when they get old, and collecting their taxes for the extreme rich when they're young.

The right is a joke. A J O K E !
Posted by mosc 2 weeks ago
mosc
Depression. The Fed took no action to prevent a wave of bank failures that swept the country at the outset of the Depression. Between 1929 and 1933, one-third of all banks in the United States failed. As a result, the money supply plunged 31% during the period.

The Fed could have prevented many of the failures by engaging in open-market operations to inject new reserves into the system and by lending reserves to troubled banks through the discount window. Federal policy. President Franklin Roosevelt thought that falling wages and prices were in large part to blame for the Depression.

Aggregate demand is the total amount of goods and services demanded in the economy at a given overall price level at a given time. State and local governments continuing to cut purchases and raise taxes, the net effect of government at all levels on the economy did not increase aggregate demand during the Roosevelt administration until the onset of world war (Brown, 1956).

This post Civil War policy which reduced the Greenback in general circulation by up to 33% greatly constricted the money supply and resulted in the rise of the Robber Barons and Washington embracing the patronage system of Walpole - the British PM in the 1830s. Patronage argues that the Central Government has the mandate to establish corporate monopolies and to protect these monopolies through Federal bureaucracies and to permit Lobbies to determine virtually all legislation presented to Congress rather than through the control of State Legislature over State appointed Federal Senators in Congress ie the 17th Amendment under Wilson's socialist progressive government!
Posted by mosc 2 weeks ago
mosc
"Socialism now allows religion" that's soo comforting... Big Deal. "Anyway, the government needs to make money" ... Bunk. States Rights Washington Bites. If the gov'ment can break up a corporate monopoly like it did with Standard Oil under Teddy, so too the Gov'ment can establish corporate monopolies like it did with the Federal Reserve and the collectivization of private farm lands which occurred when the Federal Reserve withdrew from the national currency 1/3 of the US dollars following the cash of Wall Street. To what does this crime compare? To the post Civil War Yankee Congress and the Grant Administration which dramatically reduced the Greenbacks in circulation which concentrated the wealth into the hands of the robber barons.

This policy of Grant and Congress resulted in the longest depression that had hit the US economy till that time. FDR and the Federal Reserve pulled the exact same stunt and this caused the Great Depression which lasted for more than 10 years. The economy did not approach potential output until 1941.

Ricardo"s economic theories of macroeconomics stood upon the foundations of Adam's Smith's wealth of Nations. There the banking system existed as a Free Banking system. Following the Wilson government the patronage system changed US macroeconomic reality by establishing the Federal Corporate monopoly - the 3rd National Bank/Federal Reserve. Wilson rejected Jackson's uprooting the 2nd National Bank of America.

The Federal government doubled income tax rates in 1932. Interesting the same year which Wilson's progressive/socialist government established the Federal monopoly in banking it also established the IRS! Higher tax rates tended to reduce consumption and aggregate demand.

The Smoot"Hawley Tariff Act of 1930 dramatically raised tariffs on products imported into the United States; it contributed to the collapse of world trade. The Fed, in effect, conducted a sharply contractionary monetary policy in the early years of the
Posted by mosc 1 month ago
mosc
Bunk. Socialism nationalizes the land and takes it away from the people. Stalin brutally murdered the kulaks of Russia in his drive to collectivize the farmlands. Ewwwwwww FDR did the same thing!!! Ewwwwww.