Should Norway allow more immigrants into the country?

I think with the escalation of gang rapes, foreign homeless people and so on, will make the country more dangerous to live in.

I am looking forward to this debate, and I wish my opposite number luck in this debate.

I think this debate is a very difficult one to win with for my opponent, as for one you'd have to prove that most/a noticeable amount of crimes in Norway come from immigrants. Any increase in population is in theory going to make the chance of crime larger, as the more people you have, the more possible chances there will be for a crime to take place. Also, can you define where most of said crime-causing immigrants come from (I.E Europe, Middle East etc....)

And you would also need to prove that the person's nationality would effect the probability of the crime taking place. For example, if a Pakistani immigrant to Norway caused death by dangerous driving, would the same person have committed the crime if he/she were Norwegian?

I leave the debate instigator to follow through and provide any information he wishes to use with his case.

Okay i'll start with

"The overall probability that a person living in Norway would be convicted for a felony (no: forbrytelse) was increased by about 0.5 percentage points for the immigrant compared to non-immigrant populations for felonies committed in the years 2001-2004. The incidence was especially high among immigrants from Kosovo, Morocco, Somalia, Iraq, Iran and Chile, and reached more than 2% in all these groups. In comparison, the incidence in the non-immigrant population was about 0.7%.[20]

my search results gathered from here:

I believe from watching the news most of the immigrants come from the Middle East and then there's the increase of homeless people which are Eastern European and Polish

Matt_MUFC forfeited this round.

wateroflove forfeited this round.

Matt_MUFC forfeited this round.
Posted by wateroflove 2 years ago
I am aware that immigrants are beneficial to the economy but I don't think it's a worthy point in this discussion
Posted by Matt_MUFC 2 years ago
May I also point out with my first argument that it was directly opposing the first round by the instigator. I will of course expand on other benefits of immigrants later on in the debate, unless more pressing points crop up
Posted by Shader609 2 years ago
So you believe Norway shouldn't have more immigrants because of gang rapes?
Vote Placed by Buckethead31594 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: F/F