MountianWarriar
FrenchieLassiie

Should Obama be kicked of presidency

FrenchieLassiie

MountianWarriar

Pro

The president of 2012-2016, Obama Biden, has done a terrible job to help for his country. He "claims" to have a good effect on the nation, which I can't argue because he is helping people but just a very little percentage. For young adults who have just graduated from collage are forced to buy health insurance that they don't even need. This money can be put into more daily life things like shelter and food but, that can't happen because they have to spend a huge bundle amount of money to health insurance. Also for retired people, like above the age of 65, they have to spend the extra money on features they wouldn't ever possibly like birth care. I mean seriously, there is no possibly way a old woman is going to have a child. In 2012 Obama Biden clearly stated "Well I really like to kill people" when the topic was about promoting the army on their drones. This clearly shows that he is admitting that his determination is focused on killing. Lastly, over millions of people are losing their health insurance even though he claimed to have said if you want to keep your health insurance, then you can keep it. Well that didn't exactly happen to me and the other tons of people. I know after reading this paragraph you'll probably call me a hater but, what I saying right here right now is the truth, and you know it. I didn't sugarcoat it like other people, I have just stated the cold hard truth.
FrenchieLassiie

Con

I am troubled by the concept that mandatory health insurance is seen as such a bad thing. I live in the UK in my lifetime we have always had the NHS. I accept this gets a bad name however that is entirely focused on the negatives.

I also understand that this is partly to do with the way the law has been implemented and while from my eyes Obama is far from perfect the way that the government in USA has been acting (Republicans and Democrats) is absolutely astounding. I understand that the health care thing might look bad to begin with, but I genuinely believe you will feel the benefit of it once the dust settles and the "teething problems" are out the way.

A man know in the UK in his 30's had a serious accident and essentially shattered his spine, the NHS added in several metal plates and all his physiotherapy and he is now (approximately one year later able to walk). He will require further operations to maintain this due to the severity of it and under the NHS this is entirely covered. He estimates that in America this would have costed "300,000 minimum and continue to mount up. He also says that this would probably mean he would just have to go without walking. Because of the NHS this man has been able to continue working and supporting himself and paying into this system. While we complain there are plenty of things that are amazing about this system. I recently heard someone ask why they should pay for a sick child's treatment. I guess it's hard to understand this here because it's what we do and I wouldn't dream of questioning it. I am female and if I get pregnant I get support from including scans, pre natal appointments, post natal follow ups, my child would get immunisations and I get general support for daily health concerns.

I don't believe the statement you refer to by Obama was meant in a literal fashion, although I would be interested to hear more if you think I am wrong. As for sugar coating, that's never something I have been good as I'm from Scotland, where we tend to have a pretty bleak outlook probably because it rains.

Your statement about millions of people losing their insurance, correct me if I am wrong but is this not because it doesn't meet a minimum standard and they will now have to be given insurance which fully covers them. There is also a year extension been put in place to assist in the transition, although I will definitely give you the point that, it was poorly planned and executed by the democrats.

"Lastly, over millions of people are losing their health insurance even though he claimed to have said if you want to keep your health insurance, then you can keep it. Well that didn't exactly happen to me and the other tons of people. I know after reading this paragraph you'll probably call me a hater but, what I saying right here right now is the truth, and you know it. I didn't sugarcoat it like other people, I have just stated the cold hard truth."

I would like to further state that while I accept Obama is far from perfect, it could be a lot worse and as for the health care, such large changes to a system are bound to make things complicated although it might actually be a good thing.
MountianWarriar

Pro

MountianWarriar forfeited this round.
FrenchieLassiie

Con

FrenchieLassiie forfeited this round.
MountianWarriar

Pro

MountianWarriar forfeited this round.
FrenchieLassiie

Con

FrenchieLassiie forfeited this round.
MountianWarriar

Pro

MountianWarriar forfeited this round.
FrenchieLassiie

Con

FrenchieLassiie forfeited this round.
MountianWarriar

Pro

MountianWarriar forfeited this round.
FrenchieLassiie

Con

FrenchieLassiie forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
MountianWarriarFrenchieLassiieTied
Reasons for voting decision: GOP is doing it's utmost to make Obama look bad, though they still haven't achieved this very well, which says something about Obama's strength. GOP is trying to stop the Health Care changes that would benefit the country, so the alternative to the Democrats is just more pitiful nonsense. Pro made no real rational argument for kicking a president/party out of office. Con did present rational arguments, that's the difference. Neither supplied any sources.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
MountianWarriarFrenchieLassiieTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.