Fredx
NotPaulRyan

Should Obama pay for his own vacations

Fredx

Pro

As president Barack Obama Took his family On an African vacation. This vacation cost taxpayers 100 million dollars. With our economy in the tank And unemployment at an all time high. The Obamas Stuck the American public With the cost for there extravagant vacations. At a time when most Americans Can afford a vacation Barack charges his to the people. The government doesn't fun my vacation And I don't feel as a taxpayer I should be required to fund the Obama's vacations.
NotPaulRyan

Con

I'd like to start off by saying that I am a registered member of the Republican Party before I continue, who voted for Romney, so the argument "you're just a stupid liberal who just supports Obama no matter what" is not used against me. I'm not saying you would do that, sir, but someone in the comments might, so I'd just like to clear that up. Many other Presidents have taken vacations before, in fact George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan both had taken more time off than Obama has at this point. About the federal government paying for it, I'd support that just fine, especially if they deducted from his salary or if he wasn't just "on vacation", but actually doing something that contributed to the United States. Thirdly, I'd like you to cite your sources, because I cannot find any record whatsoever of Obama taking a $100 million trip to Africa (that wasn't for diplomatic reasons), because $100 million is an absurd amount of money. You can by a 25,000 square foot mansion in California or a 4-lane interstate highway with that, and I'd imagine an African vacation, would cost, far, far, less. Finally, here's a depressing though, but that $100 million? It's only worth 0.00000625% of the national debt. It's nothing.
Fredx

Pro

You can find the facts simply Google Obama's 100 million dollar African trip. And I wasn't talking about national debt 100 million would feed a lot of hungry Americans or put a roof if only temporarily over the heads of a vast number of homeless Americans. And yes while other presidents have taken more vacations. I think if you checked it out you would find The majority of bushes vacations were to his ranch in Texas or as many other presidents did to Camp David. All of bushes vacations together Never cost the American people 100 million dollars. Look a little deeper into Obama Look at the family trip to Asia burlesque vacation over Christmas to Hawaii. We're at the end of that vacation As a early birthday gift to his wife Obama gave Michelle A two-week extended vacation And use Air Force 2 To fly 25% of her closest friends there to celebrate the two weeks with her for her birthday all at tax payers expense. I'm a Republican And I'd have no b**** If the federal government would pay for my vacation. By the time Obama is out of office He will a spent over a half a billion dollars on vacations. This flies in the face of Americans who struggle to survive Obama is a disgrace. Just another crooked politicians from Illinois
NotPaulRyan

Con

NotPaulRyan forfeited this round.
Posted by Fredx 2 years ago
Fredx
Ozzyhead your a fool if you think Obama pays for anything. Google Obama's vacation cost to taxpayers. Bah bah lil sheep
Posted by Ozzyhead 2 years ago
Ozzyhead
Obama has a paid salary. Sure it comes from tax payers but so do teachers salaries. Obama has his own salary to pay for his vacation. The government does not provide Obama with vacation, tooth brushes, tooth late, food, etc. He has to use the money from his salary to pay for food.