BurntToastProductions
fire_wings

Should One Million Moms Be Stopped

fire_wings

BurntToastProductions

Pro

One Million Moms is a group of one million sexist, racist, anti-gay moms, with bubble children. They tried to ban The Muppets on Abc, for not being 'child friendly' enough. The moms are also currently trying to ban a commercial contain two gay fathers with a daughter, feeding her Cambells Soup and saying the famous line from Star Wars "I am Your father". They say they are banning it because it is sinful. They also have a website called OneMillionMoms which is basically just a joke, I laugh at all of their articles, so I encourage you to laugh as well. STOP THE RAXIST, SEXIST, ANTI-GAY MOMS BY VOTING YES!!!
fire_wings

Con

BurntToastProductions

Pro

BurntToastProductions forfeited this round.
fire_wings

Con

Pro had forfeited this round.

What is the definition of stop? Is it killing or just stopping them from doing stuff. We can have freedom of how we act. It is just mean to stop them. We can make them behave, however it is just the way they are. We can not stop them unless we kill them. However that is really mean and should be banned.
BurntToastProductions

Pro

fire_wings

Con

Pro had forfeited this round.

Posted by ithink-ithink 1 year ago
ithink-ithink
I don't like this idea people have about suppressing views, even if they are discriminatory.

Humans can't help being discriminatory. It is, however, our responsibility to control our discriminations so that they do not impede other people. So yes, I am completely against harassment/violence instigated by purely discriminatory sources, but I still think people have a right to think, and even express their selves, even if they're being bigoted. There is, however, a time and a place, but I think that applies to all expression of one's views.

So, the moms who want e.g. 'gay' shows (I dont know what really constitutes as a gay show but go with me on this one) taken off a channel have just as much right as those arguing that the gay population needs to be represented more in popular media. I think its better (more equal) to find a system that suits both parties than to suppress either party.
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
No I wasn't being sarcastic. Now, I don't mean any form of unpopular opinion should be thwarted, but any racism or discrimination against other human beings.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
Everyone ought to join MomsAgainstGamers...that's what I wanted to say. I'd figured the topic is related anyway.
Posted by Nivek 1 year ago
Nivek
Gaming is a complete waste of time.

#MomsAgainstGaming #AntiGamergate #AntiTotalBiscuitsEgo
Posted by ithink-ithink 1 year ago
ithink-ithink
I don't think they should be stopped. People should be entitled to their own opinion, and if their opinion has enough of a following, then the things they're fighting for should be addressed. How you address it, is of course up to debate. In other words, what do you mean by "stop them". Why not make a new channel where those programs they deem offensive do not appear?
Admittedly, I don't know the intimate activities and demands of this group.

What is 'correct' in society changes and wanes depending on popular opinion, and the more freedom people have to express themselves, the more it allows for society to follow its own freedom. By fixing people's allowed beliefs, it not only impedes on their freedoms of expression, but it also suppresses their beliefs. In doing so, it is that group of people which becomes persecuted.
According to majority, they may deserve their persecution; but what happens if you legislate their persecution, and now 100 years on, the majority opinion has changed. Now a massive effort has to be made to change the law, and the law will be viewed as being unfair and archaic; why not just create a system, or implement a policy, which balances the differing opinions, without persecuting either party? Or create a more flexible legal system which can react quickly to changing perspectives.
Posted by ithink-ithink 1 year ago
ithink-ithink
"I would rather have no free speech and a controlled country then people blabbing utter crap."

You being sarcastic?
Posted by palmertio0 1 year ago
palmertio0
"RAXIST" -BurntToastProductions 2015
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
*In Australia that is...forgot to mention that lol
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
I would rather have no free speech and a controlled country then people blabbing utter crap.

You can go to jail for saying something racist, and I think that is bloody great.

Lock up the bigoted morons, as there use to society is ZIP
Posted by MeargleSchmeargle 1 year ago
MeargleSchmeargle
If you have a problem with them, just don't listen to them!
Vote Placed by Death23 1 year ago
Death23
BurntToastProductionsfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff