Kannon
313233qwe123

Should People be Punished for Burning the American Flag?

313233qwe123 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Kannon

Pro

Donald Trump (our future president) is trying to pass the law: People should be punished for burning the American flag. Although I did not support Mr. Trump in the election I thought that this would be a great law to pass.
313233qwe123

Con

Although i did vote for Donald trump, I dont agree with a punishment for burning the american flag.
America`s symbol is for its many freedoms like freedom of speech,press,and religion. Burning a american flag is the person doing so criticizing america for a certain law,event ,etc. therefore this is a act of free speech which is protected by the U.S. Constitution. Therefore people should not be punished for burning the american flag.
Kannon

Pro

I know it is the first amendment but this is showing disrespect to our country. America is one of the greatest countries in the world, if you disrespect the flag you may leave because no one likes someone who disrespects our flag.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
You want to punish someone that burns cloth and thread?
Posted by HeavenlyPanda 1 year ago
HeavenlyPanda
What if you threw out an American flag and it got incinerated at the dump. Would you arrest the dump incinerator?