Amira_a
Anastasia4368

Should People be more focused on this life or the next?

Amira_a has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Amira_a

Pro

If people focus on the afterlife, rather than this life, life will be given a purpose. Every action we make would go towards this eternal afterlife.
Anastasia4368

Con

The afterlife is a concept, a belief with no proof of its existence whatsoever. But assuming that it was real, we still have no knowledge if we will carry our memories and our sense of identity to our next lives. The cases of people knowing their previous lives and being accurate about it are very rare. Considering all of us have had previous lives, that's a small margin so if we can not carry our identity, our actions are lost in transition too. Your moral duty as a person should be upholding humane ethics at this moment for the present.
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
As you can see...""Next life" is a dream..This life is not..".
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 month ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Anastasia4368;
As long as I am on the subject; You will notice my use of the term "stupid" in most communications with the Athiests of the World? The reason is ... you call a Cow a cow, do you not? So if you call a person who IS stupid, stupid, why is it wrong? Are you not lying to say otherwise? Believers cannot tell lies, but in all things speak truth.

Same applies when using words ... they are to be the true definitions, not the slangs!

For example? You will note my use of the word STUPID in discussion with most unbelievers ... allow me to explain WHY? What is stupid? It is not the insult man has become accustomed too, when I use it I mean it quite literally! Its Actual definition states "having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense."
Synonyms are unintelligent, ignorant, dense, foolish, dull-witted, slow, simpleminded, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, imbecilic, imbecile, obtuse, doltish; informalthick, dim, dimwitted, slow-witted, dumb, dopey, dozy, moronic, cretinous, pea-brained, halfwitted, soft in the head, brain-dead, boneheaded, thickheaded, wooden-headed, muttonheaded, daft
"they're rather stupid"
foolish, silly, unintelligent, idiotic, scatterbrained, nonsensical, senseless, harebrained, unthinking, ill-advised, ill-considered, unwise, injudicious;
inane, absurd, ludicrous, ridiculous, laughable, risible, fatuous, asinine, mad, insane, lunatic;
informalcrazy, dopey, cracked, half-baked, dimwitted, cockeyed, lamebrained, nutty, batty, cuck

So in fact I am calling the Cow A cow . Though I admit I generally recieve quite the thrashing for its usage ... but then? What are ya gonna do right? "Wink"
FollowerofChrist1955
Con?
God clearly has you in his thoughts, I am now required to ask your forgiveness as I have been informed of the appearance of Harsh tone. God Loves you and that is enough for me to apologize for the apparent terseness in tone. So I humble ask you forgiveness!
The words though admittedly terse sounding ..... I assure you they are not. I hope only the best for you. It is natural and quite normal for us ALL NOT to believe in God at first. God makes Himself KNOWN to us all in due season ... I have NO doubt God shall add you to His family list of names.

If I sounded harse, Please forgive me, Written words do not always impart the true tone of the conversation. My bluntness comes from YEARS of Battling the Atheists themselves. they are a brutish sort .. vicious in nature unruly at all times. Periodically they are in need of a thrashing to bring them about.

You see ... the atheists are under some delusion that when you are a believer that you are required to accept their brutality, without recourse. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are to be Bold, honest, straightforward. Always speaking the Truth. Again I am terribly sorry if I have offended you in anyway, I absolutely positive you are a wonderful person, no doubt bright and intelligent. That God jumped me so quickly on your behave stands as a testament of His Love of you. So again Forgive me, I am sorry and mean you no disrespect.

My speech comes from long battles with hardcase Athiest, and you certainly did not deserve to endure what they certainly deserve! Me!
FollowerofChrist1955
I will monitor this debate to see what other craziness Con spouts. Or for general questions of Gods truth not Mans.
FollowerofChrist1955
Pro;
The purpose given US as believers is to Live our Lives in service to The Lord. This naturally leaves the hereafter? Out of Mind in most cases ... depending upon each saved soul.

What does the depending mean? Good question. It means that depending on the TYPE of Christians ( of the Three Types shown in Scripture WILL dictate the giving of rewards, placement within heaven and so on.

As to the more direct question: Should People be more focused on this life or the next?
Answer: This Life.

Rationale: AS a believer Heaven IS YOURS, rejoice in the knowledge! Live each day in the service to The Lord and The Lord will reward your obedience when He comes or when you go to Him, either way, your place IS assured.

The three types of Christians? Here: http://www.debate.org...

So you see you needn"t worry of the hereafter at all. Unless your NOT a believer of course. But should you be, then the focus ... is serving your fellow Man as Christ served in His ministry. Share what God has done for you? Ask all questions to God instead of people! God WILL answer you! remember to Read Ezekiel 3 versus 17-19

Pay special attention that it doesn"t say ANYTHING about PROVING ANYTHING to the unbelievers! This is because OF the age old adage you can lead a horse to water "BUT" you cannot make him drink!

Those wanting PROOF, have no intention of looking themselves ... leave them to Satan, you can assist to save only those willing to look for themselves. You"ll waste days, months years on the lazy or stupid (the real definition, not the insult!), remember .. timidity is not humility, cowardice, not turning the other cheek!

Hope this helped!

In short live your life for God and the REST? God takes care of. Live life in the Spirit of Gods presence. YOUR Next Life IF you are a Christian, is as the slang goes .... IN THE BAG!

Merry Christmas!
FollowerofChrist1955
Con;
Your incorrect. The afterlife is of most importance. I submit the following as indisputable proof that the afterlife is of paramount concern.

Heaven-.
a place regarded in various religions as the abode of God (or the gods) and the angels, and of the good after death, often traditionally depicted as being above the sky.
synonyms:paradise

*other synonyms removed as reference is paradise specific* (Capitalization is used for emphasis not yelling. Please try to remember that ... thank you)

Hell-a place regarded in various religions as a spiritual realm of evil and suffering, often traditionally depicted as a place of perpetual fire beneath the earth where the wicked are punished after death.
synonyms:the netherworld, the Inferno, the infernal regions, the abyss; eternal damnation, perdition; hellfire, fire and brimstone; Hades, Sheol, Acheron, Gehenna, Tophet; literarythe pit

Now ... here"s the REAL QUESTION: To KNOW that there is a POSSIBILITY of the existence of BOTH places and NOT to investigate the accuracy and truth of the statements BEYOND the hearsay of those of the internet? Madness. The very epitome of STUPID (actual definition of course).

You tell us Con? How intelligent is it, to KNOW of such places and IGNORE it, or to LITERALLY place YOUR SOUL completely at the mercy of those of the internet?

A place of sheer blessing OR a place of absolute HORROR, PAIN AND SUFFERING for eternity.
And No one CARES to prove it to themselves ........ again .... that is what unbelievers like YOU, call intelligent. Prove for US, the intelligence in such choices please?
Posted by Raumulus 1 month ago
Raumulus
No afterlife, but reincarnation?
Posted by canis 1 month ago
canis
"Next life" is a dream..This life is not..