Vane01
SnaxAttack

Should Police Officer be Required to Wear Body Cameras?

Started: 12/14/2015 Category: News

Vane01

Con

You tell me why they should be!
SnaxAttack

Pro

I accept the debate, and will argue on why police officers should be required to wear body cameras.
Vane01

Con

1. It will be a benefit to the society.
SnaxAttack

Pro

I apologize to my opponent because of not responding real quickly. I've been busy, but will definately argue on why police officers should be required to wear body cameras.

C1. Won't Create as Much Controversy
Ever since the whole Ferguson shooting, there has been a doubt of trust with Police Officers. It is truly sad where the ones who are designed to protect the innocent are being treated like the enemy. I agree at times there are a few bad apples of officers, but a majority of them are just doing their job; siilar to a man or woman doing their work at an office. Both groups do their job in order to survive in society. With a Police Body Camera, it will create less controversy between the officer and citizen.

Has this been proven? It has, because according to source (1), there has been five incidents on how police body cameras benefitted society. As it is seen, it has helped society in may ways.

C2. Rebuttal
In this round of the debate, my opponent argues that without Police Body Cameras; it will "benefit" society. I ask my opponent 'How"? He or she doesn't even provide any evidence or further expands on how it will benefit society. To rebuttal this, there has been multiple incidents of many benefits with allowing Police Body Cameras (2).

1. https://www.policeone.com...
2. https://www.einvestigator.com...
Vane01

Con

Vane01 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Pro

Vote Pro!
Posted by boo69 1 year ago
boo69
boo
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
... I don't get Con's round 2 point. Isn't that what Pro would say? Also, is he saying wearing a camera helps society (which is a concession) , or is he saying NOT wearing a camera helps society, in which case he needs to explain himself.
Posted by snkcake666 1 year ago
snkcake666
I shall subscribe to this debate.